cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Annual fee increase?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Annual fee increase?

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ny AF after the first year.  If they won’t waive it then there is zero reason to keep the card.  Either close it or PC to the QS.  Far better true 2% cash back cards than the Venture. 

There is that too. But people swear by the Venture card regardless so I didn't bother bringing that up.

Yes, but it's always worth trying to explain this!   

I assume that people using this site like to think of themselves as somewhat credit card savvy, compared to the unwashed masses out there.   And while this may be true for things like maximizing score (the value of which is very hard to quantify) on other decisions it's much less clear.  Keeping a Venture with an AF (except for those with huge FTF transactions) suggests a lack of basic payback analysis.

Message 11 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Venture Annual fee increase?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

ny AF after the first year.  If they won’t waive it then there is zero reason to keep the card.  Either close it or PC to the QS.  Far better true 2% cash back cards than the Venture. 

There is that too. But people swear by the Venture card regardless so I didn't bother bringing that up.

Yes, but it's always worth trying to explain this!   

I assume that people using this site like to think of themselves as somewhat credit card savvy, compared to the unwashed masses out there.   And while this may be true for things like maximizing score (the value of which is very hard to quantify) on other decisions it's much less clear.  Keeping a Venture with an AF (except for those with huge FTF transactions) suggests a lack of basic payback analysis.

The big CL's though LTL is worth the AF to some Smiley Happy!  I kinda suspect partially why mine was targeted and got wacked form 35k to 10k then closed by me as It was dumb to keep the Venture card thus I downgraded it to the quicksilver and they were even making less money off me yet a huge risk or money they could be loaning out to others that actually made them money by paying the AF or using the BT offers or carrying balances?

sign-up is nice, but no need for this card after the first year due to AF just PC it or if you can get the AF waived and use GC's then i suppose keep it.. shrug

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.