Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
08-18-2012 08:23 PM
I received a letter from Capital One today saying I can upgrade to one of their Venture Cards. I am interested in the Venture One card since it has no AF. Since the new card with either be a World Mastercard or Visa Signature will the credit limit still report? Capital One is my highest credit line. My utilization will increase a lot if it stops reporting.
The letter Capital One sent me:
Choose Your Venture. Upgrade Today!
Thanks for being a Capital One customer, (MY NAME).
Life is an adventure, and when you upgrade to one of our Venture cards, you'll get rewarded for it! Both cards offer great benefits, and you don't need to reapply to get one. It's not a new account---it's one you already have, only better! Call us at 1-877-513-9959 to consult with an account specialist:
Venture One Venture
1.25 MILES PER $1 2 MILES PER $1
- Venture One gives you 1.25 - The Venture Card give you
miles for every $1 you spend OR DOUBLE MILES for every
with your card on purchases. dollar you spend with your card
- No annual membership fee. on purchases.
- Annual membership fee of just $59
Get ready! Venture and VentureOne let you...
- Use your miles to fly free on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates.
- Pay no foreign exchange fees on purchases you make when you travel abroad.
- Redeem your miles for ANY travel expense---airlines tickets, hotel rooms, car rentals,
vacation packages and more.
To upgrade, call our dedicated phone line at 1-877-513-9959 before September 24, 2012. The call is quick and easy, and an account specialist will be happy to help you choose the best card for your needs. Our hours are from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET).
P. Taylor Jamison, Director of Accounts
P.S. Choose your Venture card today! Upgrade with a quick phone call to 1-877-513-9959.
08-18-2012 08:45 PM
08-18-2012 08:50 PM
The limit for my Capital One card is 20K.
08-18-2012 08:55 PM
08-18-2012 08:59 PM
I have the Capital One No Hassle Rewards Platinum MasterCard. I think it is discontinued, I can't find it on the website. I got the card in 2009.
08-18-2012 09:12 PM - edited 08-18-2012 09:12 PM
Thanks. I'll try.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.