Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture Rewards

Decided to go with the Capital 1 Venture card for my travel rewards needs.  I applied online & received an instant approval.  It stated "You are approved for a Capital One Credit card", but it never indicated whether it was the Venture card or some 'other' Cap 1 card.  It also showed an 11.9% purchase & transfer INT rate & a $10K initial CL.  So I called the Cap 1 backdoor CS number & learned that I was approved for the Venture rewards card, so that was cool.  Since I plan to use this card for ALL purchases in order to build up rewards points, I had hoped for a $20K CL to help mitigate any negative CL balance ratio factors...how long should I wait before asking to have that reviewed/upped?  I understand that I may be fortunate to even have a quick decision approval, but hope I can convince them to up the CL for optimal usage.  Thanks.

snpperhd

TU:780 ~ EQ:769 ~ EX:756 as of 09/08/2010

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture Rewards

Capital One doesn't accept customer-initiated CLIs.  And actually your 10k CL is extremely good for Cap 1.  I'd say just use it a bunch and hope they auto CLI.

Message 2 of 6
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One doesn't accept customer-initiated CLIs.  And actually your 10k CL is extremely good for Cap 1.  I'd say just use it a bunch and hope they auto CLI.

This may not be entirely true for Capital One's prime products.  Most of the threads on CapOne and CLIs are from people with rebuilder cards.  We get very little input from people with their better cards.  There's at least some evidence that people with prime products can request a CLI.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Shocker-of-my-day-Cap1-CLI-Given/m-p/866138/highlight/true#M254403

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Walt_K wrote:

This may not be entirely true for Capital One's prime products.  Most of the threads on CapOne and CLIs are from people with rebuilder cards.  We get very little input from people with their better cards.  There's at least some evidence that people with prime products can request a CLI.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Shocker-of-my-day-Cap1-CLI-Given/m-p/866138/highlight/t...

I remember that thread. I just wonder what particular Cap 1 cards are considered prime? I figure mine isn't (Visa Platinum ) because I got it right in the middle of my BK in 1998.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

For most of their products, you can go to the website and view all their cards. You match up the "features" of your card (APR, AF, etc...) and you should be able to tell. The ones marked "for excellent credit" are the prime products.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all for your tips.  Upon reading the thread posted by Wait_K, I will probably wait until I get an online login and try the online CLI option, if available. 

I'll keep you posted.

snpperhd

TU:780 ~ EQ:769 ~ EX:756 as of 09/08/2010

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.