cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Success! (and RS CLI)

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Venture Success! (and RS CLI)

Hi all,

So I got a capital one advert in my inbox yesterday...usually get one offering a no-hassle rewards card. This one said, "Since you are a small business owner..." And was inviting me to apply for a Venture Business, with a 25k mile bonus. 

I figured what the hell, this is probably the best my profile will look for the next few months, and I've not had success getting them to upgrade my personal VentureOne to a standard Venture (or a CLI even, stuck at $3700). Filled out the info, waited 30 seconds, and was approved. $12k nonetheless! My scores are all around 700s currently. I've had my other Capital One card for 11 years, no lates. I think that may have helped. Util is around 19%. INQ on all three reports.

But I've always wanted to have a card in my business name, and I wanted the 2 miles per vs 1.25 from my VentureOne, so I'm pretty excited for this. APR is 13.99.

With the $250 bonus (25k miles), I think I made out alright! 

That was a big risk to take (3 INQ, tough card to get), but it paid off with a healthy credit limit to start!

Between my Amex BCP, and this card, I've got my main rewards needs taken care of. The ONLY thing I can really think of is a good restaurant card.

Now, my latest credit mix:

12k - Cap One Venture Business

15k - NFCU Platinum Visa

11.5k - Amex BCP (asked for my 60 day CLI and was denied for income/exposure only. Guess I need not to write off as much this year)

10k - Barclays iTunes Rewards Visa

7.7k - WF Platinum Visa

5.5k - Citi Radio Shack

3.7k - Cap One VentureOne

Side note: I did a CLI request on my Citi Radio Shack account (its about 8 years old, carry a meaningless balance to keep it active). Its been at $1500 forever. I filled out the form, asked for $3500 more. Few hours later, I got the line bumped to $5500! They did a HP on EQ though...which it didn't mentioned anything about. But I was pretty happy for that too. I'll never really touch that line so it'll help with util. 

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture Success! (and RS CLI)

Congratulations!   Nice CL and CLI !!

Message 2 of 3
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Venture Success! (and RS CLI)

CONGRATS!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.