Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture now with EMV chip

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture now with EMV chip

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called Capital One, and told them I'm travelling overseas soon, and I need a card with a chip. They are shipping me a new card with the chip in 2-3 days. 

brilliant! why didn't I think of that?

Message 51 of 54
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

So I recently PD'd my QuicksilverOne to a VentureOne.  While on chat doing this PC, I specifically said I was traveling and wanted a chip card.  Rep said they were only sending out the new design/chip card to select customers.  I asked if I would be then be getting the current yellow design, non-chip version.  Rep said yes.

Card came today, and to my surprise it is the new design w chip.

Card is still a little flimsy, but not Quicksilver flimsy! 

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 52 of 54
mmmlive1999
Frequent Contributor

I too had the ugly gold Venture but  when it was canceled due because I  found some fraudulent activity on the account the replaced it with the Venture-One EMV blue card. I didn't realize this feature was being added to the card so it was a nice surprise.

Starting Score: 6/6/12: TU 585/EQ 472/ EX 561
Current Score: All 800's
Cap1 QS - $17k, Chase Southwest- $25k, Discover IT - $50k
Message 53 of 54
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Is the logo and acct details on the back of the new Venture and Venture One EMV cards? The picture seems to depict that but read someone posted it was on the front.

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.