cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture pre-qualified.. should I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture pre-qualified.. should I apply?

I just checked Capital One website, and I am pre-qualified for Venture and VentureOne credit cards..

I noticed that it requires excellent credit, so I'm not sure if I meet their criteria.

I have a clean credit record with a credit score around 740-750, but my total credit limit looks low on my credit report

due the Visa Signature card with $10,000 limit that doesn't report its limit.

On Experian and Equifax, my total credit limit is reported as $9,300, but on TransUnion it is only $4,300. I'm not sure why,

but one of my credit cards with $5,000 limit is not reported on TU.

I have about 4-5 hard inquries shown on my credit report, with 2 inquiries within last 3 months.

Do you think I have a chance to get approved for Venture card? Is it one of the hard credit cards to get approved?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture pre-qualified.. should I apply?

So did you get it? My wife just applied online and I'm a little worried since it wasn't instantly approved/declined.  She's somewhere in 700's, probably 730 or more.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it ... Venture with AF  or  VentureOne Exclusive Visa Signature®  with No AF ?

I like the fact of there is no Foreign Transaction Fees on these ccs.  I may app myself next year when my inq falls off.   This card may come in handy if I have chance to visit my hometown in my future.  1%~3% of Foreign Transaction Fees will adds up with my current ccs.

zerosky, did you app?  Did you get it?          CyberEvo, did your wife get it?        

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this information off from CapitalOne.com

Determine Your Credit Level Select the level that best describes your credit.

Please remember that these are guidelines. Other factors from your application and credit history will be considered.

Credit Level Guidelines Chart 

Excellent Credit

Good Credit

Average Credit

Limited History

• I have had a loan or credit card for at least five years;
  • I have a credit card with a credit limit greater than $10,000;
  • I have never been more than 60 days late on a credit card, medical bill or loan payment and
  • I have never declared bankruptcy
  • I have had a loan or credit card for three years or more;
  • I have had a credit card with a credit limit above $5,000;
  • I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year and
  • I currently have or have had a U.S. loan or credit card or
  • My credit limit on a current credit card, if any, is less than $5,000 or
  • I may have been late on more than one credit card, medical bill, or loan payment in the last six months
  • I have a valid credit score that can be found at one of the major credit reporting companies and
  • I have had my own credit card for less than three years or never had one or
  • I have a limited credit history, for example I am a student, or new to the country, or a young person working for a living, or I have been an authorized user on someone else’s credit card

You must have Excellent Credit to app for   VentureOne Rewards    and   Venture Rewards.

There is one thing I don't have under  Excellent Credit.      My highest CL is 8.6k and it is 1.4k short to 10k.  Smiley Indifferent    
How am I going to get CLI to 10k on my ccs ....

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got this information off from CapitalOne.com

Determine Your Credit Level Select the level that best describes your credit.

Please remember that these are guidelines. Other factors from your application and credit history will be considered.

Credit Level Guidelines Chart 

Excellent Credit

Good Credit

Average Credit

Limited History

• I have had a loan or credit card for at least five years;
  • I have a credit card with a credit limit greater than $10,000;
  • I have never been more than 60 days late on a credit card, medical bill or loan payment and
  • I have had a loan or credit card for three years or more;
  • I have had a credit card with a credit limit above $5,000;
  • I have not been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year and
  • I currently have or have had a U.S. loan or credit card or
  • My credit limit on a current credit card, if any, is less than $5,000 or
  • I may have been late on more than one credit card, medical bill, or loan payment in the last six months
  • I have a valid credit score that can be found at one of the major credit reporting companies and
  • I have had my own credit card for less than three years or never had one or
  • I have a limited credit history, for example I am a student, or new to the country, or a young person working for a living, or I have been an authorized user on someone else’s credit card

You must have Excellent Credit to app for   VentureOne Rewards    and   Venture Rewards.

There is one thing I don't have under  Excellent Credit.      My highest CL is 8.6k and it is 1.4k short to 10k.  Smiley Indifferent    
How am I going to get CLI to 10k on my ccs ....

I would go by what they are pre-approving you for vs. what the website suggests as a rule of thumb to follow. I have not heard anyone getting denied after being pre-approved

Message 5 of 6
GQ-007
Valued Member

I applied after receiving the same pre-qualified message on there site. My scores are 713 and 761 respectively.  And I was approved for the Venture one for 7500.00; therefore I strongly suggest you tried it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.