Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Verification Help Please?!

tag
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Verification Help Please?!

Hey Guys,

I am trying to help a friend of mine out who is older. He was pre-qualified and instantly approved for a $15k card with Capital One. Sent out with out an issue and then they would not activate it, saying they needed verification. He was very upset because they sent out a card without doing this first if it was a security issue. I also am a bit surprised it followed this order.

He also does not have many household bills in his name and does not understand why they need anything when his information matches his credit beaureau reports. I told him I think he just needs to provide a drivers license scan, scan of another bill with his name and address on it, and scan of his bank statement showing name and address with all financial information blacked out.

Can you guys help me get a better idea so I may assist him, I know I will have to scan and fax everything for him.

Thanks in advance!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Verification Help Please?!

The first thing is to find out what CapOne is looking for specifically.  No sense in running around scanning or copying documents if that's not what they are looking for and/or will accept.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The first thing is to find out what CapOne is looking for specifically.  No sense in running around scanning or copying documents if that's not what they are looking for and/or will accept.

Agreed.  Call and find out to see what is needed then go from there...

Message 3 of 9
willwar14
Valued Contributor

my mom went through this process, they told her they wanted her DL, and a bank statemenr or a util statement.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was instant approved for venture 15k. Then account went restricted until I called and anwsered like 10 question for verification and then it went unrestricted.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a restriction on mine as well after they sent cards. They required scan of drivers license, a utility bill with name and address and I also gave them bank statement with name an address. They released the account immediately following that.
Message 6 of 9
msbia
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a restriction on mine as well after they sent cards. They required scan of drivers license, a utility bill with name and address and I also gave them bank statement with name an address. They released the account immediately following that.

Same exact scenario for me. I even asked the fraud department why approve it if they weren't sure of my identfication. She stated it had something to do with the telephone number on my credit report. Whatever....I verified their questions, sent what they asked for and they lifted the restriction. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 7 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Same thing for me too. Telephone number discrepancy
Message 8 of 9
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

After talking to him seems like it is probably the telephone number issue. I will help him call in and send over what information they need. Thanks guys!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.