Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Verification !!

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Verification !!

The question here really is whether or not a $300 to $500 limit is worth 6 Hps to you.  Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but I would think only you can answer that question.

Welcome to your first experience with Cap 1...

Message 21 of 30
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

The question here really is whether or not a $300 to $500 limit is worth 6 Hps to you.  Maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but I would think only you can answer that question.

This is true. I have thought about just letting it go. It was just frustrating going back and forth.  and thank you for the welcome Smiley Very Happy ha. 

Message 22 of 30
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@TuffTurkey wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

This is true. I have thought about just letting it go. It was just frustrating going back and forth.  and thank you for the welcome Smiley Very Happy ha. 

In all honesty, for some people, Cap 1 is fine and dandy.  They treat some people well and others they don't and I'm not really sure how they make that determination.  For me dealing with them has been many years of pain and misery but I've seen several examples where people just love them.  It makes it particularly difficult because in most cases for most people like myself, they are there for you when no one else is and for me I really wanted to pay them back for that.  It didn't work out so well for me, but the bottom line for you I think really is simply a matter of deciding for yourself what's best for your journey.  Cap 1 is a big part of most people's journey and dealing with them is simply a part of that.

Message 23 of 30
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

Thanks Wac Denney and everyone else that has chimed in and helped me out. I ended up Sending an Email to the EO and see what happens from there. I will keep everyone updated on to what happens and what the result of it was! 

Message 24 of 30
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

UPDATE : So after emailing and Messaging CAP1 on FB. I got a call yesterday from the EO. Nice lady spoke with me and in a nutshell reprocessed my application without another triple pull and its under manual review. And going to see if she can push my application to approval without additional verification docs. So i have my fingers crossed. I hope its an approval i mean from what I read, they wouldnt be going through all this for a denial. I should know something in the next few days.

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work, tuffturkey. Glad you hung in there and worked with the situation. Let us know how it all turns out. 

Message 26 of 30
sjt
Senior Contributor

@TuffTurkey wrote:

So Im venting. On 8-7-15, I applied for CAP 1 QS1. It told me my application needed review. So I called and it was for ID verification. First I was told I needed SSC and Proof of address (bill etc) , I said okay and faxed. A week later I call and they said that the Bill came in fine but SSC was unreadable. Same Font sizing and Clarity from copy. So I needed to resend.... So I resent that. Waited a week and called again. Once again my SSC was unreadable... So at that point I asked the rep for them to check the toner on their machine. I resent again... 4 Days later I call the received the documents and told me 3 weeks!!!!! For an approval... That was on the 23rd of august

Fast Forward To 9-5-15.. I call to check up because its nearing 30 days since first appied. I have another rep telling me that it was pending because of a Driver License...NO ONE TOLD ME THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE..... or i wouldve sent that too, She told me i had one day to send it in. because if not after 30 days it will be another triple pull.... omg tears b.c im rebuilding... So i rush and faxed it in made sure it was clear and readable... Fast Forward to tonight. I call and Ask for an update.... GUESS WHAT my driver license was unreadable and needed to fax my drivers license again... so i ask if i resend this time, will i be hard pulled again? She says yes.... 

I dont know what to do . Ive been tripled pulled once already and to be tripled pulled again? That is not right especially when I wasnt advised in the first place about what all i had to send. The rep even apologized in august when i said that and admitted that we shouldve told you. Now I feel Like i wasted 3 pulls... need advice...

Glad you were able to get them to re-process the application.

I think you were probably approved.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 27 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@TuffTurkey wrote:

UPDATE : So after emailing and Messaging CAP1 on FB. I got a call yesterday from the EO. Nice lady spoke with me and in a nutshell reprocessed my application without another triple pull and its under manual review. And going to see if she can push my application to approval without additional verification docs. So i have my fingers crossed. I hope its an approval i mean from what I read, they wouldnt be going through all this for a denial. I should know something in the next few days.

Good job!

I'm one of those who've had a pretty solid relationship with Capital One (8+ years now), so maybe this is the one and only time you'll have to take 'extraordinary measures' to get them to do the right thing.

Let us know how it works out, and keep in mind, you can always "get revenge" on them by making them pay out rewards to you!  Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 30
TuffTurkey
Regular Contributor

So Update!!! Just Got a Call From the EO office. With a Congrats on approval for CAP 1 QS1. Starting limit 1,000. Woot Woot. Thanks everyone for your support and guidance when i thought all hope was lost!

Message 29 of 30
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.