cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Won't Recognize My Bank Account!

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Won't Recognize My Bank Account!

Okay then.  Sounds like you got it all worked out.  

Message 21 of 28
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

It looks like they have three active routing numbers and one inactive.  Each location has a different routing number.  Obviously the account number only goes with one of the routing numbers.  Just throwing out a possibility here.

Plus, if it were my error, why doesn't AMEX, Chase, Discover, Citi, Barclay, Synchrony, and others have the same issue? They have no problem with my bank account; only Capital One.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 22 of 28
NRB525
Super Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:

Check this out.  I bet you are using the old routing number:

http://routingno.com/routing-number.php?Bank=JSC+FEDERAL+CREDIT+UNION&State=Texas

My bank faxed them a letter on their letterhead acknowledging both my account and routing #s were/are correct. It's a computer issue on Capital One's end; not mine.

You've tried how many times to get the routing and account numbers provided by JSC to work from Capital One's side? In answer to your original question, I've never had any issues with any banks paying my Capital One account over 10+ years. The issue is the information you are getting from JSC. CapONe cannot solve that basic issue. Their systems are working fine. It is JSC that fails to launch.

Is this your first payment to CapOne? You really want to start off this relationship with a payment dispute?

(love the "Gremini Avenue" addres BTW... Gremlins in the Space Program...)

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 28
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Okay then.  Sounds like you got it all worked out.  

I will update after I speak to my rep. at EO in the morning.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

Message 24 of 28
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@revjamesl wrote:

Check this out.  I bet you are using the old routing number:

http://routingno.com/routing-number.php?Bank=JSC+FEDERAL+CREDIT+UNION&State=Texas

My bank faxed them a letter on their letterhead acknowledging both my account and routing #s were/are correct. It's a computer issue on Capital One's end; not mine.

You've tried how many times to get the routing and account numbers provided by JSC to work from Capital One's side? In answer to your original question, I've never had any issues with any banks paying my Capital One account over 10+ years. The issue is the information you are getting from JSC. CapONe cannot solve that basic issue. Their systems are working fine. It is JSC that fails to launch.

Is this your first payment to CapOne? You really want to start off this relationship with a payment dispute?

(love the "Gremini Avenue" addres BTW... Gremlins in the Space Program...)

It isn't my bank; Capital One has acknowledged it is an error on their end, and not mine. They are working to correct it, and said they have to deal with this with their current systems more often than they should. Why is it so hard to believe the issue is on their end? Even when I'm telling all of you they, themselves, are acknowledging this to be true.

And no, I'm not new with Capital One; just this bank.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@revjamesl wrote:

Anyone ever experience this? I have made four different attemps to pay my Capital One bill since May 23. I even had my bank fax over acknowledgement that my account # and routing # are legitimate per their request. I've had a manager with EO working on this with their tech. team, and much to their dismay it has not been resolved. Well, we thought it was resolved but I just received notice that payment was once again rejected to an invalid payment account. 

I can't wait to call that EO manager in the morning and tell them we are back to where we began a couple of weeks ago.

PUSH payments from your banks bill pay to capital one, don't put your bank account info at capital one and have capital one pull payments from your checking account.

I'm not paying till they get this worked out on their end. I've never had any issue with any other bank. This is their problem, not mine. The EO agrees.

I agree.  You should be able to make your payment via Cap One with no problem.  They need to fix it at their end. I like being able to go to the site and pay when I want.  Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 28
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@revjamesl wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@revjamesl wrote:

Anyone ever experience this? I have made four different attemps to pay my Capital One bill since May 23. I even had my bank fax over acknowledgement that my account # and routing # are legitimate per their request. I've had a manager with EO working on this with their tech. team, and much to their dismay it has not been resolved. Well, we thought it was resolved but I just received notice that payment was once again rejected to an invalid payment account. 

I can't wait to call that EO manager in the morning and tell them we are back to where we began a couple of weeks ago.

PUSH payments from your banks bill pay to capital one, don't put your bank account info at capital one and have capital one pull payments from your checking account.

I'm not paying till they get this worked out on their end. I've never had any issue with any other bank. This is their problem, not mine. The EO agrees.

I agree.  You should be able to make your payment via Cap One with no problem.  They need to fix it at their end. I like being able to go to the site and pay when I want.  Smiley Wink

Sandi, thank you.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a payment that is late, a COMPUTER will flag you as late and a computer will send it off to the CRAs as a late. It will not say to itself, "hmm we have an issue on our end, so i wont mark this as late". As others have said, good luck dealing with getting that removed if it does make it on there. I wouldnt be surprised at all to hear later that they refused to remove it.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.