Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Yea

tag
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

Capital One Yea

I am just so happy. I know that alot of people has been unhappy with cap 1, but they gave me credit when no one else would.

Because of this forum, I did what you guys suggested. I called before 3 month and got a cl of $300. that made my card $600. I just went into my account and they have auto me for another $500. So now my card is $1100.00.

I know for some of you that isnt much. For me I am just so happy.  Thanks to all of you, for the help you have given me.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Yea

Congrats on the CLI.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your increases!

I've had my Cap 1 for over a year and I've only ever had 1 increase, from $300 to $500, as a result of Credit Steps.  I'd call to ask for an increase but don't want any hard inq's.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

pshh i've had a capital one starter card for 5 years and it's still at $500. 
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok this may be a stupid question BUT how do you know if you have a starter card or not??
Message 5 of 16
Focus
Valued Member

I've had my Capital One cards for over 6 years. Credit scores over 790. No increase ever. Rep said cards are not eligible for increases and to apply for another. Yeah right, no thanks Crapital One.
8-18-08 / EQ 791 - TU 795 - EX 815
9-4-08 / EQ 716 - TU ? - EX ?
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Focus

Your scores are awesome.I would have to agree with you no thanks cap one.
Message 7 of 16
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.  I started w/300 (no hassle rewards) in late 4/08 when my ficos were 100+ points lower than they are now.  Called on 6/30 and got a 300 cli to 600.  credit steps just hit and I’m @ 1.1k.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

2ndChanceGirl wrote:
Congratulations on your increases!

I've had my Cap 1 for over a year and I've only ever had 1 increase, from $300 to $500, as a result of Credit Steps.  I'd call to ask for an increase but don't want any hard inq's.

I don't believe Cap 1 does a hard inquiry.
Message 9 of 16
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Don't ever expect Capitol One to be a card that will grow with you.  They just are not CLI friendly.
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.