Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One actually upgraded my account - Sort of

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Capital One actually upgraded my account - Sort of

And before you ask...no I didn't push the monkey button (this time) LOL. 

I accessed my Visa Platinum Account online, and clicked to do the online chat with a CSR. I asked if they could upgrade the account into a Rewards Card. This account was opened 5/2006 and was a credit steps card. It started at a 500 limit, and now the limit is 3000, but it has a 59.00 AF. To my surprise, the CRS said I was eligible for a upgrade to a Capital One Cash Rewards Card, with no AF. It is the green card with 1% cash back on all purchases, and a 50% bonus on the cash back earned every year. There is a $100 bonus once you spend $500 in the first 3 months, and 0% interest until June 2013.APR will be 12.9% (was 19.99% on other card).

On the website, these are the terms for the Cash Rewards for Excellent Credit (the terms for the Avg Credit have a $39 AF, and higher interest rates (17.9-22.9%).

I went ahead and did the upgrade, since this will get me out of the AF, and because they are giving me the signup bonuses as if it is a new card. Asked for a CLI, but they said I had no offers on my account for a CLI at this time. So, it is an upgrade, but no added CLI.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One actually upgraded my account - Sort of

You had to mention the monkey button... now after I post this I will have to go push it...  Damn you!!!  Smiley Frustrated

What I am interested in, since we are talking about Cap1, will this result in a hp on your report.  Since this just happened it will be interesting to see if they did a hp to go along with this offer or if it was only internal and maybe with a sp.  Sorry, after a few years of dealing with Cap1, I guess I just have a little bit of paranoia that I cannot get past.

Message 2 of 5
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I specifically asked them about a hard pull on my credit report, and they said no it was not and was an 'internal review' which would not affect my credit. We shall see (now you have me nervous).

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Message 3 of 5
pokerpro
Frequent Contributor

Good for you I cancelled mine from 06 as well due to the AF Bu had no idea that I could have inquired about an upgrade It was a credit builder as well post BK

BK7 Discharge: October 2004 Starting Score: 590 March 2018 EQ & EX & TU FICO Score: 846 & 847 & 850

Goal Score: 800+ across the board | Goals Hit: 3 Active Cards: 2

Gardening Since: October 2015 Garden Goal: Oct 2018

Wish List: | None

Message 4 of 5
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I was just about to cancel it, because I just noticed the AF billed this past statement. They said that since the AF was billed within the past 2 statements (prior to upgrade), it would be refunded. I was shocked.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.