Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and Amazon Visa

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One and Amazon Visa

Congrats!

I agree that heavy usage on a Chase card is the best way to get an auto CLI.

Get back to the garden!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Even w heavy usage, Ive gotten one auto cli in 6+ years with Chase and three different accounts lol...
Im going to try the SD it and wait method now LOL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 21
dheather00
Valued Member

Have you requested a credit request from them?  Are they easy to deal with?

Thanks!

Message 13 of 21
MYCherie
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!

Starting: 563 | Current: 646 | Goal: 750.
Garden 09/24/2013

Message 14 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I haven't ever request a cli from them.
Chase will 100% hard pull you for a credit line increase :-(
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@dheather00 wrote:

Have you requested a credit request from them?  Are they easy to deal with?

Thanks!

They're pretty easy if you've shown you can manage the new increase. To initiate it you do have to ring the number on the back of the card and request it first. If you aren't happy with the result then either ask to be transferred to lending or ring the credit analyst number on here. If you ring the analyst first they will tell you you have to start the request with customer service first and they can look at it after.

Message 16 of 21
dheather00
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for all of the advice!

Message 17 of 21
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

I got my Amazon.com rewards card from Chase and they're pretty stingy with any CLI (manual or auto). I started out with $300 in 2010 and I'm now at $1000 after begging them for increases every six months. I'll ask for at lease 1k every 6 months and they will usually only give me $250. Of course YMMV, but I haven't become a fan of Chase since starting with them.
TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 18 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, taking a HP for a cli from Chase when I can get a SP from GE or Amex for a bigger cli= no go for me. Lol
Message 19 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@sleephla541 wrote:
I got my Amazon.com rewards card from Chase and they're pretty stingy with any CLI (manual or auto). I started out with $300 in 2010 and I'm now at $1000 after begging them for increases every six months. I'll ask for at lease 1k every 6 months and they will usually only give me $250. Of course YMMV, but I haven't become a fan of Chase since starting with them.

Do you speak to the underwriters or just accept what the computer gives you? I reckon if you speak to a human you may be able to get more. Once accounts aged Chase has had no problem giving me more.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.