Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One and CLI

If i'm not mistaken it sounds like you have one of Cap 1 starter cards the limit doesn't go beyond $500.00 no matter how high you credit score is. My friend has the same card and as with you it is her oldest card as well. I would say apply for another card like venture or Quick Silver.

Message 31 of 33
RJCE
Valued Member

UPDATE: I applied for the Venture Card and was approved with a SL of $10K. I've put the QS1 card aside and will focus on the Venture Card instead.

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. I sometimes used up to 95% utilization from three cards, and pay down a lot of times to 10% to 29% utilization just to show them I am using their card a lot for more than 2 years now. However, I always keep the balance so that I can get positive credit utilization scores. Problem is, they simply wouldn't give me any CLI. They keep saying that "Your average monthly payment has been too low". What?

More than minimum payment each month below

Jan

$100, $75,$1300,$3035,$61,$100

Feb (except Feb $33, the rest more than minimum)

$33, $54,$1180,$1440,$2100

What's going on with Capital One lately? I heard that shutdown several financial division. Maybe that's the reason..??

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.