cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and Chase Freedom cancelled my credit cards. HELP!

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One and Chase Freedom cancelled my credit cards. HELP!

You can always take your chances and apply again with them.

If you want to be absolutely conservative on your inquiries, I wouldn't recommend it since you don't know whether you're even blacklisted or flagged in their systems.

There's a lot of other bankst to work with. Don't screw it up again and in a couple years re-apply with Chase and CapOne.

Best of luck.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 31 of 63
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

There are a few banks that you could try ...are you eligible for a CU?
Message 32 of 63
River10

Yes, I am eligable for a CU. Thank you. What other banks can you think of? I appreciate any help at all.

Message 33 of 63
River10

They cant swipe my card. They never had my card. They didnt have my information. The only people who had my information was the company I was doing business with.  After one month they were removed as authorized users.

Message 34 of 63
starry1
Valued Contributor

But the banks didn't know that.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 35 of 63
enharu
Super Contributor

@River10 wrote:

Yes, I am eligable for a CU. Thank you. What other banks can you think of? I appreciate any help at all.

Discover

American Express

Bank of America

Citi

Wells Fargo

Barclays

and a lot more....

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 36 of 63
River10

Also, I own a home in a different state from where I live. A financial investigator had it leased for about 4 years. I ended up having to evict him for non payment. Then place was trashed and cost me thousands to repair it. He threatened to "get me back," for evicting him.  I can't help but wonder if he could have done something. Still, nothing at all shows up on any of my reports. I know that credit karma isnt all that great but they do monitor transuion and no suspicious activity has shown up on that or my paid credit monitoring service.

Message 37 of 63
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I would apply at the CU. they usually have generous CL. Just make sure that this situation doesn't spiral out to your other CL.
Message 38 of 63
enharu
Super Contributor

@River10 wrote:

Also, I own a home in a different state from where I live. A financial investigator had it leased for about 4 years. I ended up having to evict him for non payment. Then place was trashed and cost me thousands to repair it. He threatened to "get me back," for evicting him.  I can't help but wonder if he could have done something. Still, nothing at all shows up on any of my reports. I know that credit karma isnt all that great but they do monitor transuion and no suspicious activity has shown up on that or my paid credit monitoring service.

this is a little way too far-fetched. 

right now just focus on getting your new cards. there's no more need to push the blame around.

best of luck. 

Message 39 of 63
River10

@enhura, thank you. You are right. I shouldnt try to shift the blame.  I'm just an old country boy from TN who doesnt know much about credit other than pay my bills on time. I'm learning the hard way like us country boys tend to do.  I appreciate you setting me straight and take it to heart.

Message 40 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.