Regular Contributor
torry209

Capital One and Credit Freezes

So I applied for a capital one card, since I am new to credit and recovering from ID theft.

Well apparently I supposedly had an account with them when i was 17 due to the ID theft.

So when I applied for the new card it was an automatic denial, they didn't even pull my reports.

So i called and got that cleared up, I told them to put the application back through, and she said she would make a note of it.

Then I told her about the security freezes, she said it shouldn't stop them or make a difference, they just have to verify I am who I say I am.

So capital one just treats this as a fraud alert?

What's the point of having the security freeze if some companies disregard it?

FAKO's:
02/19/2009- TU 709 , EX 684, EQ 694

UTL 34.33% (working on that) Credit History 1 1/2 yrs old And just got a car loan that has yet to report. Ugh, letting credit cool down for the rest of the year.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+