Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and Hard pulls for CLI?

tag
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One and Hard pulls for CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:
Ugh....so...just to put this to bed....the can and they do...I know this may upset many people...myself included...but it is the price to pay for us to receive unsecured credit...as I mentioned earlier...those of us who have had chase accounts may know this too well...amex as well. So....sorry to bring an uneasy topic to the forefront but these are, unfortunately, real life events....it is what is.

Gregg

Not put to bed ... I have had several Chase and Amex account, neither one has ever pulled a HP on me WITHOUT my concent  (applying for additional Credit)... They SP'd me all day long, which they have a right to do. 

Someone has to show me where a creditor ever ran a HP on them WITHOUT out ones consent, it just Doesn't happen without error...You as the consumer have rights and one of those right are HP to credit reports...

Again, this is MIS-INFORMATION. 

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

True.....discover, if they r going to HP you...at least they will give you a heads up..
Amex can be moody with cli's but yes...usually sp. Chase, BOA, Citi...well...it's just a question of "how many" HP's will be pulled....Trying to stop smoking.

Gregg
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blackbeauty...

Sorry you don't understand what I have been trying to relay here on this forum..This is not personal. And I can see that you have an emotional attachment to this issue. I can only provide a theorem that 2 +2 is 4 so many times before the information becomes superfluous and useless...so...I am sorry you disagree...but wish you well...I am done with this topic.

The Theorem One Last Time::: 15 U.S. Code 1681b - Permissable Purposses of Consumer Reports:::

subsection a (3)(F) to review an account to determine whether the consumer continues to meet the terms of the acccount.

Asked and Answered
Gregg

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Blackbeauty...

Sorry you don't understand what I have been trying to relay here on this forum..This is not personal. And I can see that you have an emotional attachment to this issue. I can only provide a theorem that 2 +2 is 4 so many times before the information becomes superfluous and useless...so...I am sorry you disagree...but wish you well...I am done with this topic.

The Theorem One Last Time::: 15 U.S. Code 1681b - Permissable Purposses of Consumer Reports:::

subsection a (3)(F) to review an account to determine whether the consumer continues to meet the terms of the acccount.

Asked and Answered
Gregg

Except that section applies to soft pulls, not hard pulls.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applies to borh...sorry Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.