cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and PRIME Customers... Anyone asking for CLI on them??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One and PRIME Customers... Anyone asking for CLI on them??

Wondering if anyone that has over a $5k line with Capital One that has not seen any increases either look into and talk to President Office to increase those limits?

My Partner has $7500 I think for 7+ years, Other then his STUPID $1500 Chase Freedom (Given to him when he opened Chase Car Loan, still an epic fail CL for him) but $7500 is lowest otherwise...

He probably won't take time to ask but wondering if anyone has and had a positive outcome also?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One and PRIME Customers... Anyone asking for CLI on them??

$7500 with Cap1 is like being on top of the world for most people.

Message 2 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

$7500 with Cap1 is like being on top of the world for most people.

Yes this is true but we are seeing $300 go to $5k and then the $750 to $10k today... so should he be emailing asking for $7500 to $30k!?

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one and prime is a bit of a joke... they can't really compete with the best cards out there. I suppose the saving grace being that they have no ftf's on the no AF  cards, but those also don't have chips and can be a hassle (pun intended) overseas. I'm pre-selected for all the prime cards after cancelling all of the subprime ones in one fell swoop. Ironic but I don't think I'm interested. They're just quite up to par with other offers and their system/customer service is lacking. Whether that's improved for the prime cards is a great question....I've heard rumors to the contrary, but perhaps for CLI's.

Message 4 of 19
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

We are seeing very few ppl reach 10k I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 19
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I will have a $5000 with Capital one as soon as they give me a $4700 cli..lol

I guess your question was not directed at me...haha!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 6 of 19
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

If you got Cap1 try to get CLi but I'm not recommending anybody with good credit to apply for Cap1 as getting CLI is soooo much work it's not worth it.

There are lots of credit cards out there to apply nobody needs Cap1 unless your starting out or rebuilding.

Message 7 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

CA: I haven't seen people WITH limits that high on a cap1 card, but I know their primes go up to 30k or so, so asking for a CLI shouldn't be an issue. AFAIK they treat the prime customers differently. 

Ray has a 5k limit on his cash rewards siggy visa, but I read a post by him where he was able to push ~20k through it in a single purchase and pay it off thanks to the NPSL Siggy feature, so they do treat their World MC / Visa Siggy cardholders pretty nicely. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital one and prime is a bit of a joke... they can't really compete with the best cards out there. I suppose the saving grace being that they have no ftf's on the no AF  cards, but those also don't have chips and can be a hassle (pun intended) overseas. I'm pre-selected for all the prime cards after cancelling all of the subprime ones in one fell swoop. Ironic but I don't think I'm interested. They're just quite up to par with other offers and their system/customer service is lacking. Whether that's improved for the prime cards is a great question....I've heard rumors to the contrary, but perhaps for CLI's.

Their prime cards are actually pretty cool, definitely decent considering the fact that most of the primes have no AFs, and a 2% return on the Venture for a $59 AF isn't a bad deal if you ask me. Sure the card doesn't earn actual miles, but I definitely wouldn't call it a joke. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was referring to the customer service experience that comes along with it as well. A 2% back card is not a bad deal, unless you want to use the points for hotels or business/first class airfare etc. It still doesn't hold a candle to US bank, penfed, and one of the newest citi thank you offers, in my opinion, but either way... I'm interested to hear more about the experience of prime card holders though and how it differs. It seems we don't get too posts about that. 

Message 9 of 19
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Agree that Capital One does have some attractive offerings.  I really would like to see a thread like this attract comments from people with those other cards.  The threads bashing Capital One are in no short supply.  You can't necessarily extrapolate your experience from a rebuilder card to all of their other cards.  So maybe those who only have experience with their rebuilder cards can leave off trashing Cap One for a moment to see if those with their higher tier products can either confirm or deny that they receive better customer service, including reasonable CLI policies. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.