Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One bites

tag
mphan
Contributor

Re: Capital One bites

@haulingthescoreu: +1 Kudo

I have Cap1 also, it went from 250 to 750 in the first year and stop there. No matter what I do, they wouldn't increase it. I have few other cards with much higher CL to use, why bother? Use it to pay one or two bills and PIO every month.

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Capital One for 2 years and i'm getting tired of them. I dont really like their services. I first start with $300 credit limit, 6 months later it went up to $1000, then 1 year later CLI to $3,500 and stops there. The APR was high 12.89% with an annual fees of $29..I'm tired of Capital One with high rates and annual fees, I closed it and ADIOS CAPITAL ONE..
Message 12 of 13
hopeagain
Contributor

niquieg wrote:

I'll probably close it in Dec. since I just paid my annual fee in Jan.

I called and tried to get a product change or upgrade on the card but the lady insisted on putting in a CLI for me again. Only for her to tell me i'll get a letter in the mail in 10 business days to let me know the status of the request.

We'll see what happens

I had the same thing happen. My card opened in 04. It started with  $300. & after 3 months went to $500. I was denied a CLI and denied a new offer. My scores are good now.

Anyway, I bet your letter is a deny.

I DID need a builder though. Capt1 also gave me a new car loan in 05 (very high intrest!).  I was able to refiance the high loan with Chase  07.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.