Contributor
mphan

Re: Capital One bites

@haulingthescoreu: +1 Kudo

I have Cap1 also, it went from 250 to 750 in the first year and stop there. No matter what I do, they wouldn't increase it. I have few other cards with much higher CL to use, why bother? Use it to pay one or two bills and PIO every month.

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Frequent Contributor
CreditCard101

I have Capital One for 2 years and i'm getting tired of them. I dont really like their services. I first start with $300 credit limit, 6 months later it went up to $1000, then 1 year later CLI to $3,500 and stops there. The APR was high 12.89% with an annual fees of $29..I'm tired of Capital One with high rates and annual fees, I closed it and ADIOS CAPITAL ONE..
Contributor
hopeagain

niquieg wrote:

I'll probably close it in Dec. since I just paid my annual fee in Jan.

I called and tried to get a product change or upgrade on the card but the lady insisted on putting in a CLI for me again. Only for her to tell me i'll get a letter in the mail in 10 business days to let me know the status of the request.

We'll see what happens

I had the same thing happen. My card opened in 04. It started with  $300. & after 3 months went to $500. I was denied a CLI and denied a new offer. My scores are good now.

Anyway, I bet your letter is a deny.

I DID need a builder though. Capt1 also gave me a new car loan in 05 (very high intrest!).  I was able to refiance the high loan with Chase  07.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+