Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One card holders...

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Capital One card holders...

Earlier I was revieweing my reward programs with Capital One. I already knew my Visa offers 1% cash back on all purchases with a 25% annual bonus, but I just found out that my MasterCard offers 2% back on gas and groceries and 1% back on everything else.

Does anyone else have a Capital One card like this? I haven't used the card in months; it's been sock drawered because I thought it had no benefit over my other cards.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One card holders...

what's the name of the card?
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I believe that card no longer exists Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 10
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.

Message 4 of 10
7ate9
Valued Member

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

I have this card as well. I got it in May 2011 with a $1000 limit, and it "credit stepped" up to $1500 in November of 2011.  I also have a $39 annual fee, which they reimbursed me this past May after it was charged.  I have no real complaint about the card.  I use it quite heavily and PIF before the statement cuts.    Last year I redeemed just over $200 as credit statements.  My last redemption was in April, and so far I've earned about $52 since then.   Maybe ten years from now I'll be one of the lucky ones who gets an auto CLI...LOL

TU08 740(1/20/16)

Last app: 06/19/2015
Message 5 of 10
Schadenfreude
Established Member

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  

Message 6 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Schadenfreude wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  

Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 

Message 7 of 10
Schadenfreude
Established Member

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Schadenfreude wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 

The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?

Message 8 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Schadenfreude wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Schadenfreude wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?

You get it on every anniversary of the card Smiley Tongue So once a year from the date you activated. 

Message 9 of 10
Schadenfreude
Established Member

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Schadenfreude wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Schadenfreude wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

You get it on every anniversary of the card Smiley Tongue So once a year from the date you activated. 

Good to know, I'll have to mark that date on the calendar in my phone whenever I receive the card & activate it! Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.