Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

Capital One card holders...

Earlier I was revieweing my reward programs with Capital One. I already knew my Visa offers 1% cash back on all purchases with a 25% annual bonus, but I just found out that my MasterCard offers 2% back on gas and groceries and 1% back on everything else.

Does anyone else have a Capital One card like this? I haven't used the card in months; it's been sock drawered because I thought it had no benefit over my other cards.

Established Contributor
Jlu

Re: Capital One card holders...

what's the name of the card?
JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $15k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

I believe that card no longer exists :smileytongue: 

;
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

[ Edited ]

Jlu wrote:

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.

Valued Member
7ate9

SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

I have this card as well. I got it in May 2011 with a $1000 limit, and it "credit stepped" up to $1500 in November of 2011.  I also have a $39 annual fee, which they reimbursed me this past May after it was charged.  I have no real complaint about the card.  I use it quite heavily and PIF before the statement cuts.    Last year I redeemed just over $200 as credit statements.  My last redemption was in April, and so far I've earned about $52 since then.   Maybe ten years from now I'll be one of the lucky ones who gets an auto CLI...LOL

FAKOS: CS 702 (12/04/13) CK: 710 (12/05/13)
FICO: EQ 712 (11/24/13)

Last app: 11/13/2012
Established Member
Schadenfreude

SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:

Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Schadenfreude wrote:

SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:

Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  

Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 

;
Established Member
Schadenfreude

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:

Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 

The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Schadenfreude wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:

The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?

You get it on every anniversary of the card :smileytongue: So once a year from the date you activated. 

;
Established Member
Schadenfreude

[ Edited ]

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:

You get it on every anniversary of the card :smileytongue: So once a year from the date you activated. 

Good to know, I'll have to mark that date on the calendar in my phone whenever I receive the card & activate it! Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}