Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 358
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Capital One card holders...

Earlier I was revieweing my reward programs with Capital One. I already knew my Visa offers 1% cash back on all purchases with a 25% annual bonus, but I just found out that my MasterCard offers 2% back on gas and groceries and 1% back on everything else.

 

Does anyone else have a Capital One card like this? I haven't used the card in months; it's been sock drawered because I thought it had no benefit over my other cards.

Established Contributor
Posts: 923
Registered: ‎06-12-2012
0

Re: Capital One card holders...

what's the name of the card?
JP Morgan Select $10k | CSP $10k | Citi TY Premier $15k | BofA 3-2-1 $15k | Chase Freedom $10k | Discover IT $10k | Barclaycard $15k | AMEX SPG $5k | AMEX PRG NPSL | NASA Platinum-Advantage $10k | CapOne Quicksilver $3k | Walmart Card $5k | Amazon Card $10k | Chase Auto 1.49% | Joined myFICO 6/12 with a 540 FICO & today I'm over 750!
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,672
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One card holders...

I believe that card no longer exists :smileytongue: 

;
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 358
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
0

Re: Capital One card holders...

[ Edited ]

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.

Valued Member
Posts: 43
Registered: ‎10-27-2011
0

Re: Capital One card holders...


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


I have this card as well. I got it in May 2011 with a $1000 limit, and it "credit stepped" up to $1500 in November of 2011.  I also have a $39 annual fee, which they reimbursed me this past May after it was charged.  I have no real complaint about the card.  I use it quite heavily and PIF before the statement cuts.    Last year I redeemed just over $200 as credit statements.  My last redemption was in April, and so far I've earned about $52 since then.   Maybe ten years from now I'll be one of the lucky ones who gets an auto CLI...LOL


*******************************************************************************
FAKOS: CS 702 (12/04/13) CK: 710 (12/05/13)
FICO: EQ 712 (11/24/13)

Last app: 11/13/2012
Established Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: Capital One card holders...

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,672
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One card holders...


Schadenfreude wrote:

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  


Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 

;
Established Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: Capital One card holders...


jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  


Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 


The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,672
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One card holders...


Schadenfreude wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  


Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 


The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?


You get it on every anniversary of the card :smileytongue: So once a year from the date you activated. 

;
Established Member
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: Capital One card holders...

[ Edited ]

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

Schadenfreude wrote:

 


SwampSystems wrote:

Jlu wrote:
what's the name of the card?

Shows up on my account as Platinum MasterCard. It's a No-Hassle Cash rewards card. IIRC it had a 9-month 0% intro APR that is now 19.8%, and it had a $39 annual fee which I have since had permanently removed.

 


 

EDIT: It was also a Credit Steps card. Opened at $500, went up to $750.


Did that new cash rewards card that Capital One came out with replace that card? I'm curious, and it sounds similiar (since I applied for it and I'm waiting for it to be sent to me since I've never had credit before!)  


Seems like it. We get 1% on everything (plus 50% bonus (so effectively 1.5% on everything) which is pretty decent. 


The acceptance letter they sent me said that it's a 50% bonus once a year; is it every year in December, or once a year on the date when you activated the card?


You get it on every anniversary of the card :smileytongue: So once a year from the date you activated. 


Good to know, I'll have to mark that date on the calendar in my phone whenever I receive the card & activate it! Thanks!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.