Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One card

tag
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

Capital One card

I just got approved for a capital one card does anyone have one? Im not sure yet what my credit limit is at this time. If anyone has one do you you like it?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One card

I'm sure a lot of people have one. Smiley Very Happy

It's one of my favorite cards because they always send me no transaction fee purchase checks and those always come in handy.

Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ladyvg270 wrote:
I just got approved for a capital one card does anyone have one? Im not sure yet what my credit limit is at this time. If anyone has one do you you like it?

ladyvg (and other members), it would be really helpful in posts like this if you could specify which Cap One, or Chase, or Citi, etc card you got.

So, the "Cap One Platinum Plus Mermaid-Enhanced Ultra Krill Rewards" card, or something.

Cap One and some other lenders have cards that cross the spectrum of terrible to wonderful. By not specifying which card, you're going to get a lot of posts referring to "Crap One" and so forth.

Of course, you'll probably get these responses anyway, even if you name the card, but still...

edit to spell member's name correctly
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-26-2009 03:16 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

I have a Cap One No AF Platinum MC and like it so far. I pre-qualified on the Cap One web site, and there were a few Platinum MC options I had to choose from. One had $39 AF, and the one I chose had no AF. Initial CL was $3K, but looking at your scores, I would think you might get somethng a bit lower in the $300 - $500 range (but sometimes you never know). Good luck.
Message 4 of 9
Equinox
New Contributor

I've got a regular Platinum Mastercard and No Hassle Rewards Visa. They're decent cards, but they only have 500/750 dollar limits. Had them roughly two years and no increase, even through backdoor calls. Needless to say, I don't use them at all. I'll just save them until I go overseas, as they don't charge an international transaction fee.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Capital One is okay, they keep approving me after I close their accounts because they won't give me an increase beyond $750. Just watch not to go over your limit, because they charge $39 just for that.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link where you can compare ALL Cap One cards:

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/compare/?linkid=WWW_0608_CARD_TGUNS05_CCPMP_C2_02_T_C...

As you can see, they have cards requiring Excellent, Good, Average and Limited Credit.  Depending on your credit and the type of card you apply for will determine your future CLI's and card use.

So, you have your "Crap1" cards, which are great for people with "Crap Credit" and they are not going to EVER exceed $2k or $3k and who knows how long or if you actually obtain the max possible limit.  For example, I have 800 FICO's now and 6 figure income, but my original "crap1" card from my credit rebuilding years still stands at $1k while I have now other cards at $10k to $25k.  I accept this for what it is and keep the card for the history and age. 

But you also have cards that require Excellent credit.  So, while I have the "crap1" card, I also have a No Hassle Miles Utra from Cap One which can go to $30k.

Don't expect a dog to pull your plow....get a horse or better yet, tractor.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan to apply for a Capital One card again and plan NOT to use them. I recently closed my  Cap One Platinum Visa due to a $29 annual fees, I hate annual fees..So i plan to apply for another one and NOT using it. This is just for fun with Capital One Smiley Happy..

Message 8 of 9
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

Your right!  I received my Capital One platinum card today and my credit line was 300.00 dol how did you know?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.