Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

Thanks for the info!  I was able to upgrade my QS1 to QS R - NO AF. 

Message 11 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks for the link. I just upgraded also!

Message 12 of 660
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

As much as I don't use my Cap1 that was carried over during the consolidation from HSBC this might incentivize people to switch their cards up and take advantage of the no inq PC and not have to deal with them over the phone.  My carry over is a Platinum card with a fixed 13.xx% and the upgrade is a $0 / same CL/CC# 1.5% reward offer vs my 1% currently and a 14.74% APR.

I might have to start putting something on Cap1 since AMEX has halted me due to lack of spend at $50K and Disco is on the fence when it comes to CLI's at the moment and might get stuck at $48K for awhile.  This will give me a new project to tinker with in the meantime and see if this thing can grow from $1500 where it has sat for I don't know how many years now between the 2 lenders.

Message 13 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have two silly questions.
If I was to upgrade my QS1 to a QS would it keep the date of my older QS1 for the QS so my AAOA is not affected? And do they do Hard Inquires for an upgrade? 
Thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If I was to upgrade my QS1 to a QS would it keep the date of my older QS1 for the QS so my AAOA is not affected? And do they do Hard Inquires for an upgrade? 
Thanks in advance.

Nothin on your credit report changes. Same card #, same origination date, no hard pull. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 15 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

It already shows as a QS online!

Message 16 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Nothin on your credit report changes. Same card #, same origination date, no hard pull. 

Perfect thanks.

Do you know if it will mess up my 0 percent APR I have until July? I clicked the link it it says I can upgrade but dont want to mess that up.

Message 17 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im also stuck in the rebuilder low limit they have. I wonder if upgrading will get me out of it or if it will remain the same. It sure would be great to get out of that. lol

Message 18 of 660
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

"The standard Quicksilver® is meant for consumers with excellent credit, and theQuicksilverOne® is designed for people with average credit history (which comes at the price of $39 a year). Both credit cards give 1.5% cash back, but theQuicksilverOne® has an annual fee." Thanks, Google!

Message 19 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Perfect thanks.

Do you know if it will mess up my 0 percent APR I have until July? I clicked the link it it says I can upgrade but dont want to mess that up.

That I don't know. I don't think it will but no guarantees. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 20 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.