Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

@Anonymous wrote:

Im also stuck in the rebuilder low limit they have. I wonder if upgrading will get me out of it or if it will remain the same. It sure would be great to get out of that. lol

The way they put it to me is the Quicksilver is not a rebuilder card and therefore gets better CLI's. I have not had mine long enough to verify that though. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 21 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I got excited but it is not an upgrade to a quick silver. Its an offer to upgrade my QS1 to a QS1.  Um no thank you..lol

1.jpg

Message 22 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I got excited but it is not an upgrade to a quick silver. Its an offer to upgrade my QS1 to a QS1.  Um no thank you..lol

1.jpg

Yeah it made my mom the same offer. Cap 1 told me it means you prequalify for another QS1. My mom's showed the same thing and she does prequalify on their prequal page. But she did not app it. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 23 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do see I pre qualify on the prequal page for a QS but I am not sure I want 3 hard pulls. I was under the impression you are only allowed 2 of thier cards at one time? I have my secured one I started with and the QS1. So if that is the case I would app get the hard pulls and get declined because I already have 2. And it would mess with my AAOA anyways. 
Thanks for the link though. I am gonna check it once a month to see if maybe it will be upgradedable..lol 

Message 24 of 660
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

All it gave me was to switch my Venture to a QS. No thanks. I'm good.

Message 25 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do see I pre qualify on the prequal page for a QS but I am not sure I want 3 hard pulls. I was under the impression you are only allowed 2 of thier cards at one time? I have my secured one I started with and the QS1. So if that is the case I would app get the hard pulls and get declined because I already have 2. And it would mess with my AAOA anyways. 
Thanks for the link though. I am gonna check it once a month to see if maybe it will be upgradedable..lol 

I had 3 at once but one was a Spark card. I think you can only have 2 rebuilders at once. the QS would not be a rebuilder but I agree with the waiting to see if you can get it via a PC instead of the HP's.

Updated 1-25-18
Message 26 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

All it gave me was to switch my Venture to a QS. No thanks. I'm good.

Is there any upgrade from the Venture or QS? I thought those were the ceiling for Cap 1? 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 27 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine says I can upgrade to quicksilver or venture with no annual fee.
Message 28 of 660
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried the link. I can upgrade my QS1 to QS. Rate stays the same. So does the credit limit. Card number stays the same as well. I gather the only benifit is no $39 AF.

Other than no AF, which is cool, what is the real upgrade?

I'd say that no longer paying that annual fee is a pretty significant upgrade.

Message 29 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

1.jpg

Hey, cgardencredit, mine was similar when I checked. I am able to upgrade my QS to a QS, but I've already PC'd it from Platinum to a QS. I am going to check their pre-qual page now in case it means I am pre-qualified for another QS, although I don't need one and won't app. Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.