Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I got excited but it is not an upgrade to a quick silver. Its an offer to upgrade my QS1 to a QS1.  Um no thank you..lol

1.jpg

Hey, cgardencredit, mine was similar when I checked. I am able to upgrade my QS to a QS, but I've already PC'd it from Platinum to a QS. I am going to check their pre-qual page now in case it means I am pre-qualified for another QS, although I don't need one and won't app. Smiley Happy

Hey, when you said that you PC'd from Platinum to a QS, did you mean that you got VISA SIGNATURE? 

I orignially applied for QS but was approved for QS VISA PLATINUM 3 years ago. I have been wanting to upgrade to Visa Sig but they kept saying no. 

When I checked the link for my upgrade offer, it showed:

screen.jpg

I am not sure what's going on as I thought my current VISA PLATINUM was already a QS without AF and I used customized picture on it. 

Does anyone know if I were to click "upgrade now," I would get upgraded to QS VISA SIGNATURE but would lose picture customization benefit?  

Message 31 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, thanks for  the link. Just upgraded my Journey card to a Quicksilver! Now I get an extra 0.5% back.

Message 32 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I got excited but it is not an upgrade to a quick silver. Its an offer to upgrade my QS1 to a QS1.  Um no thank you..lol

1.jpg

Hey, cgardencredit, mine was similar when I checked. I am able to upgrade my QS to a QS, but I've already PC'd it from Platinum to a QS. I am going to check their pre-qual page now in case it means I am pre-qualified for another QS, although I don't need one and won't app. Smiley Happy

Hey, when you said that you PC'd from Platinum to a QS, did you mean that you got VISA SIGNATURE? 

I orignially applied for QS but was approved for QS VISA PLATINUM 3 years ago. I have been wanting to upgrade to Visa Sig but they kept saying no. 

When I checked the link for my upgrade offer, it showed:

screen.jpg

I am not sure what's going on as I thought my current VISA PLATINUM was already a QS without AF and I used customized picture on it. 

Does anyone know if I were to click "upgrade now," I would get upgraded to QS VISA SIGNATURE but would lose picture customization benefit?  

Hey, csryang. My Platinum was a MC, so when I PC'd it, it stayed just a MC with all the same terms of the Platinum except now it gets the 1.5% cashback. I later apped for the Quicksilver WEMC and was approved.

The Quicksilver and Quicksilver One are only offered in MC/WMC/WEMC now. To get a Visa Signature you need to go for the Venture or maybe the Venture One.

I hope that helps. Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add, not sure if your Visa would upgrade to Visa Sig or not. I think in the past I've read that Cap1 doesn't upgrade to Visa Sig (or WEMC) but you have to app for them specifically, which for Visa Sig would be the Venture/Venture1 now.

Message 34 of 660
CreditStan
Established Member

Every time I click on that link it just takes me to my homescreen, guess I'm not eligeble? 

Message 35 of 660
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to add, not sure if your Visa would upgrade to Visa Sig or not. I think in the past I've read that Cap1 doesn't upgrade to Visa Sig (or WEMC) but you have to app for them specifically, which for Visa Sig would be the Venture/Venture1 now.

Thank you for clarifying it!!

From what you said, It seems that if I do click on the upgrade button, my QS visa platinum card will be "upgraded" to WMC instead of WEMC then.... I am not sure if it's really worth it.

Message 36 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow Thanks for sharing, just upgraded my platinum to qs, although i have 1 now i'll have 2 till i pay one off

Message 37 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditStan wrote:

Every time I click on that link it just takes me to my homescreen, guess I'm not eligeble? 

Does the same for me. Just goes to my home screen. I guess that means no upgrade for us. 

Message 38 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for clarifying it!!

From what you said, It seems that if I do click on the upgrade button, my QS visa platinum card will be "upgraded" to WMC instead of WEMC then.... I am not sure if it's really worth it.

What I would do is app for the Venture VS, also hopefully getting a lower APR, then PC to QS VS before your first year is up. Then close your Platinum Visa and move the CL to the QS VS.

Message 39 of 660
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

All it gave me was to switch my Venture to a QS. No thanks. I'm good.

Is there any upgrade from the Venture or QS? I thought those were the ceiling for Cap 1? 

All I saw was PC the Venture to QS, same #, CL and so on.

Message 40 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.