Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

OK, I have a Capital One Image Card that is a Visa Signature. I got the card before the Quicksilver came along. I assumed it was a Quicksilver based on the rewards (1.5% cashback). When I went to the Verify link it gave me two options. 

1. Quicksilver

2. Venture One

I have heard that it takes around 3 phone calls to CS to get a non-image card. I like the new Quicksilver design, so I have used myself as a guinea pig and I selected the Quicksilver. I am interested to see if the send me a new Quicksilver card or just send me another Image Card.

I will report back when I receive the new card.

Update: When I log in to my CO account, it no longer shows the Your Image gif. It now displays the Quicksilver gif with "Quicksilver" next to it....

Message 61 of 660
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

So I chatted up Cap One on my moms behalf to see if there was an upgrade option to her QS1 to QS. The rep said no and told me I could check any time for offers. I asked how and he said just click the link "Upgrade Now" once you login. I do not have this link so he sent me the url. I used it on my moms account and it shows she is eligible for the QS1. I used it on mine and it shows no upgrades. I have never seen this option on my login page so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not. But, either way, here ya go. I hope it helps someone. 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

I just tried this link too. I've been tring to upgrade my Platinum, which started out as a secured(I think it still is a secured just bares the name Platinum). It doesn't give me the option to upgrade the Platinum but I can PC the Venture to a QS or a V1. I don't see the point in doing this I get better rewards with the V even after paying the annual fee, which I haven't done yet because I'm only 9 months in on the V. Anyways thanks for posting the link I'll pass it along to others I know can use it. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 62 of 660
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have heard that it takes around 3 phone calls to CS to get a non-image card. I like the new Quicksilver design, so I have used myself as a guinea pig and I selected the Quicksilver. I am interested to see if the send me a new Quicksilver card or just send me another image Card.

I recently got a renewal for my card and added my brother as an AU and both cards I received were the new QS designed contactless cards if that helps. And like you mentioned I really like the look of the new QS.

Message 63 of 660
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I have a Capital One Image Card that is a Visa Signature. I got the card before the Quicksilver came along. I assumed it was a Quicksilver based on the rewards (1.5% cashback). When I went to the Verify link it gave me two options. 

1. Quicksilver

2. Venture One

I have heard that it takes around 3 phone calls to CS to get a non-image card. I like the new Quicksilver design, so I have used myself as a guinea pig and I selected the Quicksilver. I am interested to see if the send me a new Quicksilver card or just send me another Image Card.

Update: When I log in to my CO account, it no longer shows the Your Image gif. It now displays the Quicksilver gif with "Quicksilver" next to it....

You very well might have already had the Quicksilver... when I checked the link, in the large box it gave me to option to change to a QS as well - yet that's what I already have.

Below that I had the option to change to a Venture One... three times (the offer was repeated).  When I click one of the 'Ventures' (any of them) it toggles the card displayed in the large picture.

FauxUpgrade.png

Message 64 of 660
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

They're offering to "upgrade" my QS to either a QS, QS1, or VentureOne. If there are offers to upgrade my two QS1s, I don't know how to find them.

I prequalify for all the good products except for the dining card. I'm betting that that card hasn't hit the prequalify page yet. I don't need any new CapOne cards, though.

That's the same problem I'm having.  Smiley Frustrated

I suspect it's showing me offers for my QS MasterCard because it's my oldest card, thus it's the first one shown on my online dashboard.  I have no idea how to change to look at a different card (or if it's even possible). 

All three of my CapOne cards are ancient, which is why I don't want to combine them. Strangely, the second oldest card is the one that grew and eventually became a Quicksilver. The other two cards became QuicksilverOnes.

I suspect that the one card was able to become a Quicksilver because it was the one I used consistently. It was logical to use that card because it was the one with the decent limit.

Right now, I'm using the QS1s each and every month in hopes that it increases my chances of a PC. Each of them has been used every month since last August, and I've made payments every month since September. Some months have had fairly substantial usage while other months have had token charges. The only thing I'm not doing is letting them report balances.

We had a post recently suggesting that 10 months of on-time payments might be the formula to graduate a secured card, so I'm attempting to see if a similar MO will work on the QS1s. It really doesn't hurt anything as the rewards are the same as on the QS.

Message 65 of 660
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

They're offering to "upgrade" my QS to either a QS, QS1, or VentureOne. If there are offers to upgrade my two QS1s, I don't know how to find them.

I prequalify for all the good products except for the dining card. I'm betting that that card hasn't hit the prequalify page yet. I don't need any new CapOne cards, though.

I suspect it's showing me offers for my QS MasterCard because it's my oldest card, thus it's the first one shown on my online dashboard.  I have no idea how to change to look at a different card (or if it's even possible). 

All three of my CapOne cards are ancient, which is why I don't want to combine them. Strangely, the second oldest card is the one that grew and eventually became a Quicksilver. The other two cards became QuicksilverOnes.

I suspect that the one card was able to become a Quicksilver because it was the one I used consistently. It was logical to use that card because it was the one with the decent limit.

Right now, I'm using the QS1s each and every month in hopes that it increases my chances of a PC. Each of them has been used every month since last August, and I've made payments every month since September. Some months have had fairly substantial usage while other months have had token charges. The only thing I'm not doing is letting them report balances.

We had a post recently suggesting that 10 months of on-time payments might be the formula to graduate a secured card, so I'm attempting to see if a similar MO will work on the QS1s. It really doesn't hurt anything as the rewards are the same as on the QS.

I honestly don't know if there's a formula or not... my own QS1 to QS upgrade took so long I gave up and applied (and was approved for) a QS Visa Signature. 

Before I could close the QS1 they started allowing account combinations, so I figured I would wait long enough to be eligible for that... which meant paying another AF (they did waive half of it).  Before the next AF was due I got the upgrade, so I was left with two Quicksilvers (MC and Visa Sig)... the MasterCard will be 10 years old in a couple of months, so I don't want to close it.  Oddly, it's also the only card with them that has a BT offer at the moment (which is a reverse from what I'm used to seeing).

Here's my upgrade 'tale':  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-QS1-to-QS-PC-Finally/td-p/4460966

Message 66 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Quicksilver

2. Venture One

You will get the new design. I did this with my old Platinum with a custom image. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 67 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Capital one told me you can register any card a 2nd time onto its own account. It will remove it from the existing online account. That is how they recommend you get rid of closed cards, move the active ones to a new account online and leave the closed one. I would imagine the cards would have to be on separate accounts. Silly me for thinking a radio button and a little HTML would be much more user friendly, but who am I to say? Maybe they should take some of Sam Jackson's pay and give it to a good (or even mediocre) IT guy to fix this Upgrade Now link and remove closed accounts issue. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 68 of 660
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Quicksilver

2. Venture One

You very well might have already had the Quicksilver... when I checked the link, in the large box it gave me to option to change to a QS as well - yet that's what I already have.

Below that I had the option to change to a Venture One... three times (the offer was repeated).  When I click one of the 'Ventures' (any of them) it toggles the card displayed in the large picture.

FauxUpgrade.png

I also get a similar screen. I'm not understanding what kind of upgrade this would be if I already have the QS?

Capital one PC.png

Message 69 of 660
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Here's some speculation... perhaps the 'weirdness' we're seeing is why the feature isn't directly accessible from the main dashboard (i.e. a 'special' link is necessary). 

While helpful for many the way it is, it's clear the feature isn't quite ready for 'prime time' (at least IMO).  Again, speculation...

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Wink

Message 70 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.