Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

Thanks to the OP for the info about the upgrade link.  I tried the link, but the upgrade offer that Cap1 provided actually seems like more of a "downgrade" of sorts, lol...they offered to "upgrade" my Venture-equivalent card (minus AF) to a QS with the same CL and APR.  2% cashback on all purchases redeemable for travel -> 1.5% cashback on all purchases strikes me more as downgrade, so I think I'm gonna stay as I am, for now...  Smiley Tongue

Message 71 of 660
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Here's some speculation... perhaps the 'weirdness' we're seeing is why the feature isn't directly accessible from the main dashboard (i.e. a 'special' link is necessary). 

While helpful for many the way it is, it's clear the feature isn't quite ready for 'prime time' (at least IMO).  Again, speculation...

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Wink

What's weird about that is I remember when it used to be on the dashboard itself. Only reason I remember that is because that's how I PC'd one of my cards (platinum one I think) to the QS when I had just gotten approved for the QS I applied for earlier that day. Recall calling CS to make sure I was able to carry the 2nd QS.

Message 72 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Here's some speculation... perhaps the 'weirdness' we're seeing is why the feature isn't directly accessible from the main dashboard (i.e. a 'special' link is necessary). 

While helpful for many the way it is, it's clear the feature isn't quite ready for 'prime time' (at least IMO).  Again, speculation...

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Wink

What's weird about that is I remember when it used to be on the dashboard itself. Only reason I remember that is because that's how I PC'd one of my cards (platinum one I think) to the QS when I had just gotten approved for the QS I applied for earlier that day. Recall calling CS to make sure I was able to carry the 2nd QS.

I use to have to search "Modify your features" once logged in to get it to come up. It didn't hold any upgrades for me then either. lol

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 73 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been sitting on a 13K CL QS Visa Platinum and I was able to upgrade to VS with this link! Thanks OP! 

Edit: There was no language that specified it would be upgraded to VS. The upgrade terms and existing account terms were exactly the same but given the upgrade option I figured I would see what happened. The site immediately showed the new VS classification.

Message 74 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been sitting on a 13K CL QS Visa Platinum and I was able to upgrade to VS with this link! Thanks OP! 

Edit: There was no language that specified it would be upgraded to VS. The upgrade terms and existing account terms were exactly the same but given the upgrade option I figured I would see what happened. The site immediately showed the new VS classification.

Nice! Congrats! They still hate me. I finally got my Quicksilver no AF but I am probably 10 years from a VS with them. I called today to see if I could get my APR reduced and was told no on both cards. I asked why they hate me so much and the guy laughed. Smiley Sad I said I'm glad you think its funny. He started apologizing and I broke out in hysterrical laughter and told him I was joking and I hope he doesn't get fired when they listen to that call. He did not see the humor in it the way I did. I still let out a giggle from time to time when I think about it. Smiley Tongue

Updated 1-25-18
Message 75 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

So for me, I believe the "upgrades" that are available to me are simply getting the new look cards. I've accepted them both on my QS and QS1 accounts. 

When I was on the site, and chatting with a rep online, he said he couldn't see any offers for me, so my assumption is I'll get the new look cards and that'll be considered an "upgrade." 

I'm grateful that Cap 1 helped me as I started my rebuild, but right now that place seems like a real mess

Message 76 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this!  I was offered either the QS or Venture.  I stayed with the QS with no fee since we already have a travel card.

Message 77 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

thx OP!!! was gonna get around to requesting eventually but this made it totally hassle free... Went from Platinum to QS

Message 78 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I am happy to see so many people getting use out of this. Smiley Tongue

Updated 1-25-18
Message 79 of 660
BrokenBones
New Contributor

Has anyone found a way to check other cards? I upgraded one and I checked the link again and it offered to upgrade the same card Smiley Frustrated

Message 80 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.