Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
bustinloose82
New Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

I was just upgraded on one of my accounts from platinum to Quicksilver. I went into my account and am seeing Quicksilver now instead of Platinum. I didn't have an option at all for my second card, which is odd since I've had them the same amount of time.cards.jpg

Starting EQ: 601 | EXP: 623 | TU: 637 (2/17)
Update 4/18/20: Current EQ: 760 | EXP: 708 | TU: 724

Goal EQ: 750 | EXP: 750 | TU: 750 (12/17)
Credit Card Debt Free Goal: March 2018

*NEW* Chase Sapphire Preferred $0 ($17,600) 4/18/20 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $0 ($5,500) | Chase Slate $0 ($2,100) | PNC Visa $11,100 ($12,500) | Citi Costco $0 ($5,500) | Citi Simplicity $0 ($2,700) | Discover It $0 ($8,000) | Barclay Card NFL Extra Points $0 ($12,000) | Marvel Mastercard $0 ($6,000) | Nordstrom Visa $0 ($17,000) | American Express Every Day $0 ($3,000) | Bayport Credit Union $6,876 ($7,500) | American Express Delta $700 ($12,000) | Macy's $601 ($5,000) | JC Penney $0 ($3,500) | Synchrony Amazon $2,728.40 ($6,500)
Message 341 of 660
gatortrades
New Contributor

Many thanks. Just did QS1 to QS. Never use my cap one cards because I use my two BOA and chase freedom, but you saved me a $39 AF so thanks again

Starting Score: 8/6/08 EQ-428 TU-471 EX-440
Current Score: EQ-822 Scorewatch 3/4/19 TU-798 BOA 3/19/19 EX-793 3/6/19 Discover Creditscorecard
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 342 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, 

did you upgrade just to see what would happen? It's offering me QS1 to QS1 and I was wondering if I hit upgrade it may actually be just a QS 🤔

@Anonymous wrote:

I was curios to upgrade QS to QS and apparently it makes sence.

It was stated nothing is gointg to change, except the card image, but today I got SMS alert: '...the charge was places on your VISA SIGNATURE' - it was before 'visa platinum'.

Message 343 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked the link today and it shows I can upgrade from my platinum MC to a QS. I opened my platinum MC in April.

If I PC now, will it negate my credit steps increase I'm due to get soon? I've already gotten a small luv button increase.
Message 344 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Checked the link today and it shows I can upgrade from my platinum MC to a QS. I opened my platinum MC in April.

If I PC now, will it negate my credit steps increase I'm due to get soon? I've already gotten a small luv button increase.

No, it shouldn't affect your credit steps CLI. I did it and it didn't affect mine.

Message 345 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any input? I don't want to upgrade and it;s not truly an upgrade...hoping that it actually turns into the regular QS...I don't use the card much anyway. Maybe I'll try it and just see if it's the same card, if it is no harm done.

Message 346 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I just upgraded my recently graduated secured platinum to the Quicksilver. But wanted to know if anyone was able to get a CL increase after the PC. My last CLI was back in March when my card was still secured. When I inquired about a CLI last Friday when my card graduated, they said that I am eligible to request for one 6 mos. after the last limit increase which is this coming Sept. but I'm not sure if the upgrade will affect my eligibilty to request for that line increase. Appreciate and data points. Thank you

Message 347 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any idea why I might get nothing when I go to the link? 9 year history with CO on my Platinum MC, $10.5k CL with 22% util, perfect payment history. Any idea what factors go into who gets the upgrade offer? 

Message 348 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Any idea why I might get nothing when I go to the link? 9 year history with CO on my Platinum MC, $10.5k CL with 22% util, perfect payment history. Any idea what factors go into who gets the upgrade offer? 

How about calling and asking?

Message 349 of 660
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How about calling and asking?

Sometimes calling and asking is super stressful. Knowing the lay of the land first takes away stress. Not speaking for the OP, of course. Definitely speaking for me.

Message 350 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.