Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

@Manonfirewrote:

@Anonymouswrote:
I just got an offer to upgrade to a Venture from a Quicksilver. I'm tempted to take it since the QS started out as an HSBC card with a $300 limit, I turned into a platinum, then a QS one, now it's a Quicksilver but its still called a Platinum Mastercard on my statement so I'm hoping to finally get the card to be a full-blown Venture. The only thing keeping me from taking the plunge is I won't bother unless it's the metal card. Anyone know if it will be metal or the regular plastic card?

I'm in the exact same boat and would like to know the same. Although, a metal card is not necessarily a deal breaker. I would just like it to be converted to a World MasterCard since my limit is about $5k.

I just called, they indicated an upgrade would be a plastic card. If we want a metal card we have to submit a new app. Chat gave me the same answer.
Message 571 of 660
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

That’s good to know. Wonder if doing a PC to the Venture would convert it to a world Mastercard
Message 572 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Manonfirewrote:
That’s good to know. Wonder if doing a PC to the Venture would convert it to a world Mastercard

When doing a pc, it will be on which ever network your current card is on.

Ex. QS Wemc = Venture Wemc

Message 573 of 660
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, just upgraded my QS1 to QS.  Hasta la vista AF!

@MyLoFICO

Hasta La Vista Annual Fees!Hasta La Vista Annual Fees! 

Message 574 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I was lurking for a long time but I had to make an account just to thank you. No HP needed for the QS!

Message 575 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mylow, it worked for me converting Cap1 Platinum (recently unsecured) to the QS.

Message 576 of 660
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Congrats

Message 577 of 660
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

Amazing tool for customers of Capital One I was able to convert my Platinum Master Card to a QS using this link that I’ve had for over 6 years so nice to know I won’t have to worry about an AF anymore.

I do have a few questions;

How long did it take to show the change on the capital one website for everyone else?

Did you receive an email after accepting the offer?

How long did it take you to receive your card?

After the upgrade to QS or Venture from Platnium or QS1, did those who qualified see an increase in CLI’s?

Always the skeptic just excited and wondering what everyone else’s experinece was, thank you to anyone who responds.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 578 of 660
avp99
Frequent Contributor

@cyrusvalentinowrote:
Amazing tool for customers of Capital One I was able to convert my Platinum Master Card to a QS using this link that I’ve had for over 6 years so nice to know I won’t have to worry about an AF anymore.

I do have a few questions;

How long did it take to show the change on the capital one website for everyone else?
**Mine changed from QS1 to Platinum and does not show just QS online.  Howevery, the card that came in is a QS.

Did you receive an email after accepting the offer?
**No, I did not

How long did it take you to receive your card?
**about 7 days

After the upgrade to QS or Venture from Platnium or QS1, did those who qualified see an increase in CLI’s?
**No
Always the skeptic just excited and wondering what everyone else’s experinece was, thank you to anyone who responds.

Message 579 of 660
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I've never used the link, opting instead to PC over the phone. But I didn't receive e-mails confirming my recent PCs. I believe the rep said that it would take up to 48 hours for the changes to appear in my account, but they appeared before the phone call ended. Whenever they appear, the changes take effect immediately. I think it took 7–10 days for the cards to arrive. CLIs for me were more or less the same after the PCs.

One more thing to note is that people are now product-changing to the Savor card. However, the card hasn't yet appeared when using the link. If Savor interests you, hop into chat or call.

Message 580 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.