Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

cgardencredit1 wrote:

Im also stuck in the rebuilder low limit they have. I wonder if upgrading will get me out of it or if it will remain the same. It sure would be great to get out of that. lol

The way they put it to me is the Quicksilver is not a rebuilder card and therefore gets better CLI's. I have not had mine long enough to verify that though. 

Experian: 674 (33) | TransUnion: 694 (34) | Equifax: 692 (6)
Gardening as of: 5-30-2017
Updated 9-14-17
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well I got excited but it is not an upgrade to a quick silver. Its an offer to upgrade my QS1 to a QS1.  Um no thank you..lol

1.jpg

Gardening from 6/2017 to ??
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

cgardencredit1 wrote:

Well I got excited but it is not an upgrade to a quick silver. Its an offer to upgrade my QS1 to a QS1.  Um no thank you..lol

1.jpg

Yeah it made my mom the same offer. Cap 1 told me it means you prequalify for another QS1. My mom's showed the same thing and she does prequalify on their prequal page. But she did not app it. 

Updated 9-14-17
Frequent Contributor

I do see I pre qualify on the prequal page for a QS but I am not sure I want 3 hard pulls. I was under the impression you are only allowed 2 of thier cards at one time? I have my secured one I started with and the QS1. So if that is the case I would app get the hard pulls and get declined because I already have 2. And it would mess with my AAOA anyways. 
Thanks for the link though. I am gonna check it once a month to see if maybe it will be upgradedable..lol 

Gardening from 6/2017 to ??
Frequent Contributor

All it gave me was to switch my Venture to a QS. No thanks. I'm good.

BK 08/15 FICO 8 9/17 EX-709 EQ-704 TU-702
Valued Contributor

cgardencredit1 wrote:

I do see I pre qualify on the prequal page for a QS but I am not sure I want 3 hard pulls. I was under the impression you are only allowed 2 of thier cards at one time? I have my secured one I started with and the QS1. So if that is the case I would app get the hard pulls and get declined because I already have 2. And it would mess with my AAOA anyways. 
Thanks for the link though. I am gonna check it once a month to see if maybe it will be upgradedable..lol 

I had 3 at once but one was a Spark card. I think you can only have 2 rebuilders at once. the QS would not be a rebuilder but I agree with the waiting to see if you can get it via a PC instead of the HP's.

Updated 9-14-17
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

FireMedic1 wrote:

All it gave me was to switch my Venture to a QS. No thanks. I'm good.

Is there any upgrade from the Venture or QS? I thought those were the ceiling for Cap 1? 

Updated 9-14-17
Regular Contributor

Mine says I can upgrade to quicksilver or venture with no annual fee.
Established Contributor

durango444 wrote:

I just tried the link. I can upgrade my QS1 to QS. Rate stays the same. So does the credit limit. Card number stays the same as well. I gather the only benifit is no $39 AF.

Other than no AF, which is cool, what is the real upgrade?

I'd say that no longer paying that annual fee is a pretty significant upgrade.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

cgardencredit1 wrote:

1.jpg

Hey, cgardencredit, mine was similar when I checked. I am able to upgrade my QS to a QS, but I've already PC'd it from Platinum to a QS. I am going to check their pre-qual page now in case it means I am pre-qualified for another QS, although I don't need one and won't app. Smiley Happy

Current Scores------ EQ 679; TU 653; EX 681 FICO 08---------------- Gardening until "Winter is Over"
Beginning Scores-- EQ 632; TU 576; EX 619 FICO 08 (06/13/16) - BK7 discharged 11/2015

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.