Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

Was your quicksilver platinum to signature a true quicksilver card or a visa platinum with quicksilver rewards?
Message 331 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the link it worked for me...it was the last card I had with an annual fee...I'll take it...  thanks again!!!

Message 332 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Was your quicksilver platinum to signature a true quicksilver card or a visa platinum with quicksilver rewards?

it was visa platinum with quicksilver rewards.

Message 333 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, I had the same situation. Visa platinum with quicksilver rewards. I asked customer support multiple times to upgrade to a true quicksilver and also to upgrade to visa signature. They said it couldn't be done. By following the link in the post, I upgraded to a true quicksilver and got visa signature status. Thank you.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

it was visa platinum with quicksilver rewards.

Message 334 of 660
X8

I currently have a Quicksilver card and followed the upgrade link and was offered the same Quicksilver or Venture One. In the Spring, I changed my card to an image card and noticed that the description for it online changed to Platinum MasterCard but since it was still earning rewards I didn't think much of it. I called Cap1 to inquire why I was being offered the same Quicksilver card as an upgrade and the rep also was unable to explain and confirmed I already had Quicksilver with rewards just a card with a personal image. I request if I had any APR reduction also offered & was told I could get one so I proceeded with that only. I went ahead and applied for the presumed upgrade from. QS to QS since I figured my change to an image card aomehow changed my card type somewhere in Cap1's system and received a Quicksilver World MC. I wish my card was able to convert to a Visa Signature but I understand from the forums I can't switch between Visa and MC unless I do a new app.

Message 335 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Already changed to QS card in January yet it gives me an offer to switch my QS to the same QS. Well my QS does show up as a Platinum online as I have a custom image card but I still get the 1.5% cashback.

Message 336 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link. I was able to upgrade from a Platimum to a Quicksilver. 

Message 337 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I came to this forum a tad late, but just wanted to share my experience.

BK7 d/c'd 03/2015

I applied for c1's plat card unsecured on the day of discharge and was entered in to credit steps.  I saw jumps fairly rapidly and my CL as of today was 3500.

I was online and initiated chat to upgrade my card.  I was offered the Quicksilver Rewards or Venture One card.  I was told I was not eligible for the V1 signon miles bonus so my decision was clear that QS Rewards was it.  I was told I'd get 1.5% cash back and the same terms, same card #, but a new card would be sent to me.

Did I make the wrong decision?  I really like the V1, but I figured if I really wanted the better card I would want the Venture card anyway...

Either way I'm happy and flattered, but just thought I'd check in here.

Other cards:

Discover IT - $10000

PenFed Visa Sig - $5000

Message 338 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, after checking this link a few times, it finally paid off! I opened my account in the middle of May, a platinum card with $300 credit limit. I put some heavy usage on the card, around $1400 since it opened, making payments on the balance multiple times a month. Got upgraded today to a Quicksilver! No annual fee, same limit, same card number. After getting a BOA3-2-1 card last month, and reading about all the Capital One issues on the forums, I was just about to sock drawer this card and give up on Capital One. Very glad I didn't!! 

Has anyone else had success moving from Platinum to the No Annual Fee QS? I've had 3 statements cut. Read on here that many people have a hard time getting CO to offer anything other than the annual fee QS.

Also, I burned CO in 2013 for 2 cards, one for $300 and another for $600. I don't understand what CO wants to see, or what they value, but I'm glad I'm on their good side after my history with them.

Message 339 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh, I think I broke it...no pictures and it offers to let me upgrade a QS to a Spark?! I currently have a Spark with a $3500 limit that stubbornly won't budge...if this wasn't my daily use card, I'd think about making that switch if it's legit...

C1 Upgrade screen.JPG

Message 340 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.