cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


UncleB wrote:

Very cool find, @MyLoFICO

 

It says I'm eligible to upgrade my QS MasterCard to a Venture One (maybe later once the CL is over $5k, but not now), however I'm unable to figure out how to 'switch' it to check either of my other two cards.  Perhaps it's that the other two simply aren't eligible? 

 

In any case, thanks so much for sharing, and congrats to all who have been able to take advantage of this to shed their AFs!  Smiley Very Happy


Thats a good question. I asked about my Spark and the guy gave me a deer in the headlights look over chat. He didn't know at all and wasted no time saying as much. Maybe they have to be registered independantly? I look forward to hearing from someone with 2 cards. 


Experian: 679 (31) | TransUnion: 700 (33) | Equifax: 694 (6)
Gardening as of: 5-30-2017
Updated 11-10-17
Message 51 of 472
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

Good find and thanks for sharing!  Hmmm, I am doubting doing a PC to QS from VentureOne will get me rebucketed with them.  Think I'm going to stick with my FrankenVentureOne (4 remaining Platinum cards, 2 were other lenders that were acquired) for now until they close it for inactivity.  It also offered to let me upgrade my V1 to a V1 with the same terms.  Afraid to hit that button and get a regular MasterCard instead of my WMC.

 

Quicksilver®

Start earning 1.5% cash back on every purchase
$0 Annual Fee


No application required
Same account and card number
25.74% APR remains unchanged
$9,175 Credit line remains unchanged
Please note, this upgrade doesn't include promotional offers or bonuses that are for new customers only

 

Venture One®

Travelers earn 1.25 miles for every dollar spent
$0 Annual Fee


No application required
Same account and card number
25.74% APR remains unchanged
$9,175 Credit line remains unchanged
Please note, this upgrade doesn't include promotional offers or bonuses that are for new customers only

 

ETA: Just checked wife's QS.  She also had offers to switch to QS or V1 at same 18.65% APR (still way too high) and $17,000 credit line.


$500k+ club. | FICO 08 [Oct 2017]: EQ 746 EX 738 TU 733 | World's worst gardener.
Message 52 of 472
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


TygerHawke wrote:

MyLoFICO wrote:

So I chatted up Cap One on my moms behalf to see if there was an upgrade option to her QS1 to QS. The rep said no and told me I could check any time for offers. I asked how and he said just click the link "Upgrade Now" once you login. I do not have this link so he sent me the url. I used it on my moms account and it shows she is eligible for the QS1. I used it on mine and it shows no upgrades. I have never seen this option on my login page so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not. But, either way, here ya go. I hope it helps someone. 

 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 


lol - it offers to upgrade my Quicksilver to a Quicksilver...or a Venture One (bleh!) Smiley Tongue


HA I got the same thing when I checked this. Upgrade from QS to QS.. I am confused Smiley Tongue

Message 53 of 472
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

They're offering to "upgrade" my QS to either a QS, QS1, or VentureOne. If there are offers to upgrade my two QS1s, I don't know how to find them.

 

I prequalify for all the good products except for the dining card. I'm betting that that card hasn't hit the prequalify page yet. I don't need any new CapOne cards, though.

Message 54 of 472
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


someg33k wrote:

TygerHawke wrote:

MyLoFICO wrote:

So I chatted up Cap One on my moms behalf to see if there was an upgrade option to her QS1 to QS. The rep said no and told me I could check any time for offers. I asked how and he said just click the link "Upgrade Now" once you login. I do not have this link so he sent me the url. I used it on my moms account and it shows she is eligible for the QS1. I used it on mine and it shows no upgrades. I have never seen this option on my login page so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not. But, either way, here ya go. I hope it helps someone. 

 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 


lol - it offers to upgrade my Quicksilver to a Quicksilver...or a Venture One (bleh!) Smiley Tongue


HA I got the same thing when I checked this. Upgrade from QS to QS.. I am confused Smiley Tongue



someg33k wrote:

TygerHawke wrote:

MyLoFICO wrote:

So I chatted up Cap One on my moms behalf to see if there was an upgrade option to her QS1 to QS. The rep said no and told me I could check any time for offers. I asked how and he said just click the link "Upgrade Now" once you login. I do not have this link so he sent me the url. I used it on my moms account and it shows she is eligible for the QS1. I used it on mine and it shows no upgrades. I have never seen this option on my login page so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not. But, either way, here ya go. I hope it helps someone. 

 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 


lol - it offers to upgrade my Quicksilver to a Quicksilver...or a Venture One (bleh!) Smiley Tongue


HA I got the same thing when I checked this. Upgrade from QS to QS.. I am confused Smiley Tongue


I got the same thing ... Went ahead and accepted it. Says they're sending me a new card. Wonder if that's the new card design?

Message 55 of 472
New Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

This is an awesome find.

The timing is kind of funny - just a few days ago I closed my 9 year old CapOne account which had previously been upgraded from Platinum to QS1, but still had an annual fee.  So I tried the link just now, and it gives me the same message that somebody posted earlier in this thread - implying they did have an offer for me but it was no longer available because the account is now closed.

It's really odd for them to have "offers" on accounts, but then not tell anybody about them.  Weird company.

 

But still, much of my reasoning for closing still stands.  If I reapply maybe they'll "rebucket" me (I was a new credit user when I first applied with them).

I checked their prequal page and they offered a better APR than my old card.  Also, a new account will get a new 0APR promo and (maybe) a signup bonus.

A week ago I decided that starting over with CapOne would be better in the long run than nursing my old account any further, which is why I didn't bother to call and ask for an upgrade/fee waiver.  But honestly, if the upgrade had just been sitting on my account page waiting to be clicked, I probably would have taken it.

Message 56 of 472
Moderator

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


HeavenOhio wrote:

They're offering to "upgrade" my QS to either a QS, QS1, or VentureOne. If there are offers to upgrade my two QS1s, I don't know how to find them.

 

I prequalify for all the good products except for the dining card. I'm betting that that card hasn't hit the prequalify page yet. I don't need any new CapOne cards, though.


That's the same problem I'm having.  Smiley Frustrated

 

I suspect it's showing me offers for my QS MasterCard because it's my oldest card, thus it's the first one shown on my online dashboard.  I have no idea how to change to look at a different card (or if it's even possible). 

Message 57 of 472
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

Hey all,

 

Question if you do go through with the upgrade would this affect future cli requests? I am planning on asking for a cli in June and didnt want this to hinder my plan.

I AMEX | BOA | Barclay | Chase | CiTi | CapOne | Discover | FNBO | NavyFed | PenFed | Sync l USAA | US Bank |
FICOO8 Scores As of 11/10/2017: TU 737 // EQ 730 // EXP 764 // TCL: $400k+ Club
Message 58 of 472
Moderator

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


bruisedcredit wrote:

Hey all,

 

Question if you do go through with the upgrade would this affect future cli requests? I am planning on asking for a cli in June and didnt want this to hinder my plan.


Excellent question...

 

In the past, some said it did, while others said it didn't.  That said, so much has changed the last few weeks/months with Capital One that what happened even a few months ago is no longer a reliable guide.  It's really up-in-the-air until some people just try it and report back what happens.

 

If the CLI is really important to you, if it were me I would probably hold off and go for the CLI first, then take the PC. 

 

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Wink

Message 59 of 472
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


UncleB wrote:

bruisedcredit wrote:

Hey all,

 

Question if you do go through with the upgrade would this affect future cli requests? I am planning on asking for a cli in June and didnt want this to hinder my plan.


Excellent question...

 

In the past, some said it did, while others said it didn't.  That said, so much has changed the last few weeks/months with Capital One it's really up-in-the-air until some people just try it and report back what happens.

 

If the CLI is really important to you, if it were me I would probably hold off and go for the CLI first, then take the PC. 

 

Just my 2¢.  Smiley Wink


Good points as always UncleB. I was declined a cli back in December for "to many inquires" they say so wanted to give it another go around June. I have put major spend through them as well over the last few months to further build o my plan. I will hold off for now and go for the cli andmaybe this offer will still be around by the but thtat's highly doubtful lol. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. Smiley Wink

I AMEX | BOA | Barclay | Chase | CiTi | CapOne | Discover | FNBO | NavyFed | PenFed | Sync l USAA | US Bank |
FICOO8 Scores As of 11/10/2017: TU 737 // EQ 730 // EXP 764 // TCL: $400k+ Club
Message 60 of 472