Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

@Anonymous wrote:

THANK YOU!

I PC'd my Platinum to the Venture one, NO AF, 1.25x point ! 

Good job!  Smiley Very Happy

In six months you'll be able to PC again, and you'll probably be able to change it to a Quicksilver, or possibly even the new(ish) Savor.  Smiley Wink

Message 651 of 660
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a downside to PC’ing? DH got offer via link on 1st page to PC from QS1 to QS with no AF. Besides saving the AF, does he lose the ability for a Sub later? Go figure, right after he paid the AF!

If he wants to apply for another Quicksilver down the road, he'll receive the bonus.

Just to repeat a reminder so it doesn't get missed, Capital One has been handing out Savor PCs like candy. But those offers haven't yet appeared via the upgrade link. If you're interested in a PC to the Savor, you'll want to call in or chat.

Message 652 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting this!  I had two upgrade offers available, QS or V1.  I decided to go with the QS as I prefer to keep the cashback I was already getting with the Platinum Rewards... but now there's no AF!!  Now if I could only get an upgrade offer to pop up for my QS1.  I may just wait and combine it with the QS once eligible so that I am rid of that AF too!

Message 653 of 660
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, those who have multiple Capital One cards have found it to be between difficult and impossible to get more than one card to appear via the link. Call in or chat to see if anything's available for your QS1.

Message 654 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

All you have to do is scroll to your card and then hit link again. Pain in the butt but I was able to get to it.
Message 655 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a journey card and a platinum card with C1. I followed the link with each card and both can be upgraded to QS. Earlier today I was going to combine my cards to get a higher credit limit and just have one card on my account and I am a authorized user on another platinum with my wife. Should I upgrade both to QS and then combine them?
Message 656 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Cap One Secured Platinum just upgrade two days ago to unsecured and got my $99 deposit back!

Hit the check for upgrade link just now, and have the option to upgrade to a regular QS.  Nice!  $0 fee and probably a lot more options to grow in SL.  Once I receive the card, and my QS1 gets it's 6 months steps CLI, i'm planning to combine that limit into the QS (assuming I can).  Finally feel like my credit is coming together.

Message 657 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

Edit: Oh my! 19 Kudos. I think that is the most ever for one of my posts. Super happy this is helping you all to get better cards! Smiley Tongue

MyLoFico I just added your 175th Kudo!

Thanks!!! I was just PCed from Platinum to the QuickSilver..... gotta like that.

Data point: The account is a little under 4 months old - 10 days till 4th statement closing - Balance was a $0 for about a week before I hit the link.... Might help, who knows Smiley Happy

Message 658 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, a month after I received the QS upgrade, I just got email regarding the initial five month assessment and they gave me CLI to $1300. 

I had put the card into heavy usage for about three months (spending $300-500 a month). 

Message 659 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

I randomly remembered the existence of the upgrade link the other day when I was using the last of my security deposit credit on my now unsecured platinum, and bam now I have a regular quicksilver Cat Happy it's too bad I didn't think of it BEFORE I spent those 99 bucks but eh only missed out on $1.50 so no biggie.. got approved for double cash a day or 2 prior (my discover chrome turned a year old last month so I wanted a new card to use for a base 2%) so it probably still won't see much use but it definitely makes my lone capital one card less useless, and combined with some other good credit related stuff transpiring lately makes me feel like I'm pretty close to where I'd like to be credit-wise, all in all pretty stoked (not sure if it was this thread where i found the link, i just googled it and ended up somewhere on myfico, but regardless thanks a bunch for posting it! I always find what I need here, you folks are so dang helpful Heart)

Message 660 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.