cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

New Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

Am I correct in understanding that some of you are getting venture offers not just venture one?
Message 81 of 472
Established Member

Thanks OP.  I used the link you provided and my QS1 was upgraded to the QS YIPPPEEEE.  There was an offer for an upgrade on my Venture One..to Venture One Smiley Happy  I'll try again later.  

Message 82 of 472
Valued Contributor

Great link, I have been trying to convest my $59 Venture back into QS since currently not using the card. I called them and was told no offers, just tried online and converted. Thanks!

Message 83 of 472
Valued Contributor

I'm curious if those same card to same card conversions may be ways to get out of a CL ceiling group. Anyone try a same card conversion who was CL capped before?
FICO8FICO8Visit:
03/1710/17My 11
Rules to
Credit
Rebuilding
550EX
570TU
559EQ
710EX
699TU
734EQ
Message 84 of 472
Established Contributor

ABCD2199 wrote:
I'm curious if those same card to same card conversions may be ways to get out of a CL ceiling group. Anyone try a same card conversion who was CL capped before?

How do you know if you're in a CL ceiling group? 

Message 85 of 472
New Contributor

Ugh!!! I've been trying to change my QS1 to QS for quite some time now but Cap1 won't budge. Not even this link allows me to change. I don't even use my QS1 anymore but it's my oldest credit card so I just eat the annual fee every year to not impact my AAofA.

Message 86 of 472
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the link.  I have a Venture One (no AF) card that qualifies for the upgrade, however I just recently got the Fidelity Rewards Visa with 2% cash back on everything with only 14.74% rate as opposed to the 23.65%! rate my Venture One has (and the rate stays the same were I to switch.)  Obviously that one is SD'd now anyway, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to upgrade it anyway just for the heck of it.  Hmm

P.S. WTH, I did the upgrade anyway.  Smiley LOL  Thanks again.

FICO 8 09/21/2016 TU 715, EQ 727, EXP 711
FICO 8 12/14/2016 TU 717, EQ 730, EXP 713
FICO 8 03/17/2017 TU 721, EQ 730, EXP 733
FICO 8 08/28/2017 TU 757, EQ 738, EXP 793
Message 87 of 472
Established Member

MyLoFICO wrote:

So I chatted up Cap One on my moms behalf to see if there was an upgrade option to her QS1 to QS. The rep said no and told me I could check any time for offers. I asked how and he said just click the link "Upgrade Now" once you login. I do not have this link so he sent me the url. I used it on my moms account and it shows she is eligible for the QS1. I used it on mine and it shows no upgrades. I have never seen this option on my login page so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not. But, either way, here ya go. I hope it helps someone. 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

The link just logs me into my normal capital one account when I enter my credentials.  Am I doing it wrong?

Message 88 of 472

dogz1189 wrote:

Ugh!!! I've been trying to change my QS1 to QS for quite some time now but Cap1 won't budge. Not even this link allows me to change. I don't even use my QS1 anymore but it's my oldest credit card so I just eat the annual fee every year to not impact my AAofA.

As a last-resort, after the AF posts to your account give them a call/chat, and they'll usually waive half of it (if not all of it).  It's not perfect, but it will help a little. Smiley Wink

I did this for my own QS1 for a few years before I was able to get the QS upgrade.

(Note that calling/chatting before the fee posts doesn't do any good (at least for me); I always had to contact them once the fee was showing up.)

Message 89 of 472
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

ABCD2199 wrote:

Now you've got me wondering if I should accept it just to see what happens down the road LOL

EQ 679 EXP 700 TU 763
Message 90 of 472