Not applicable

Capital One combine accounts?

Hi all,

I have five cards with Cap One.

Platinum MC 3500 CL 0 balance 2 years

QuickSilver One 6000 CL 720 balance 2 years

Sony PlayStation 2500 CL 0 balance 2 years

Venture One 3000 CL 0 balance 2 years

Venture 12000 CL 3285 balance 1 month just got it.

Will Cap One combine cards and how should I go about doing it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One combine accounts?

I'm not sure which of your cards can be combined. But I do know that at least one of the accounts to be combined has to have a zero balance.

To get to the account combination feature, log into your account, choose "More" from the Services menu, and hit the "Request an Account Combination" link near the top of that page. It should give you the information that you need.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum MC 3500 CL 0 balance 2 years

QuickSilver One 6000 CL 720 balance 2 years

Sony PlayStation 2500 CL 0 balance 2 years

Venture One 3000 CL 0 balance 2 years

Venture 12000 CL 3285 balance 1 month just got it.

The Sony I don't think you'll be able to combine.

The others you have with 0 balance you should be able to, just need to decide which one to fold them into. Both the accounts with balances have AFs, but you could make a much larger QS1 and see if they will PC to a regular QS after you combine.

Combining can be easy if your accounts are eligible. I've done two before and it was quick and painless

Message 3 of 16
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I just combined 2 Quicksilver cards earlier this month. The card(s) you want to close & combine with another must have been opened at least 6 months, have a $0 balance with no pending charges. And you should consider which one is older and/or has a lower APR. My QS#1 was opened 10/2014. $10kCL, 13.45% APR, QS#2 was opened 8/2016, $10kCL, 19.85% APR. So I closed QS#2 & combined with QS#1.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 6 months is normally the rule, but there are several reports of Venture holders getting accounts combined to it in as little as 2 months time

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. You guys are a wealth of info. Thank you all! Here is waht I did. The Sony Playstation card could not be combined. So I combined the Platinum with the Venture One. Platinum closed. Venture One now 6500 CL. My next step is to pay off QuickSilver. You maust have 0 balance to transfer to another. Then I think I will combine with Venture card. Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know that I would have the Venture One and regular Venture. Both have the same type of earnings. It would be better to me to keep the QS which will earn more than the VentureOne. QS will give you 1.5%, V1 just 1.25%

Message 7 of 16
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The lead post says that the card is a Quicksilver One, which has an annual fee. That might be cause to combine the card into one of the Venture accounts, or it may not. Consider that it's tough to PC a Quicksilver One into a no-fee Quicksilver. Offers come up, but they're infrequent. But if you're not sure and want to wait it out, it might be possible to get the annual fee waived when it posts to your statement.

As far as the Venture and the Venture One, I'd choose between one or the other. The Venture One has no annual fee and lesser rewards. The Venture has the fee and higher rewards. I don't see a benefit to keeping both.

Message 8 of 16
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

You can go to the section of your account online where you can request it, it will show you what cards are available to combine.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had two QS1s converted to QS, and my wife has had one; all three of these in the past year.
The one year I did have an AF, I got them to waive it. Not sure how frequent that is, but I didn't have any trouble PCing
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.