tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One consolidation question

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
living life like a normal person lol

I know right? Who cares about simmons bank? Its just elusive is all. There are equally good or better cards out there from credit unions.

If you have enough spend, then one could argue you may have more chances for CLIs with two cap1 cards....but if were doing that much anyway on one card it probably wouldnt matter in the long run.

It has the lowest interest rates of any card out there.  It may not be for everyone but I'd like to have it for times when I need to carry a balance.

Ok... but the amount of money you would waste on inquiries trying to get that, could be better generated from a bonus or two, which would outweigh any interest you are saving with that 1% or less difference. Just sayin'.

Message 11 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

or 0% apr cards
Message 12 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know right? Who cares about simmons bank? Its just elusive is all. There are equally good or better cards out there from credit unions.

If you have enough spend, then one could argue you may have more chances for CLIs with two cap1 cards....but if were doing that much anyway on one card it probably wouldnt matter in the long run.

It has the lowest interest rates of any card out there.  It may not be for everyone but I'd like to have it for times when I need to carry a balance.

Ok... but the amount of money you would waste on inquiries trying to get that, could be better generated from a bonus or two, which would outweigh any interest you are saving with that 1% or less difference. Just sayin'.

One Transunion inquiry but I don't understand what you mean by "wasting money."    No different than any other app which is a temporary score setback.  Mine usually drops about 6 points and is back up over 800 in 6 mos to a year.   Some people aren't always looking for sign up bonuses.  Just looking ahead and gaining a little security.  Not everyone is looking for the same thing thankfully -  that's why we have so many to choose from.

Fico Score: EQ=806/TU=798/EX=794 Back in the garden 11/1/2015

My cards: Amex BCE $25k / Discover IT $16 / Cap One QS World MC $11.5k / Barclaycard Ring MC $7k / BofA Rewards $5k / BECU Visa $5.5k & $500 LoC/ Chase Freedom QS $6k / Citi TYP $3.3k / Chase Amazon Rewards $1,800 / Best Buy $1,680 / Amazon Store Card $3.6k / Shell (Citibank)$600 / Paypal Credit $7.5k (doesn't report)
Message 13 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
or 0% apr cards

Temporary for 12-18 mos usually.  Then 13-22% forever more.  On the chance I came across hard times and had to carry a balance, I'd be screwed.  Besides, I have enough expired 0% interest cards sitting in my sock drawer with 12.99, 18.99 and 22.99 interest.

My cards: Amex BCE $25k / Discover IT $16 / Cap One QS World MC $11.5k / Barclaycard Ring MC $7k / BofA Rewards $5k / BECU Visa $5.5k & $500 LoC/ Chase Freedom QS $6k / Citi TYP $3.3k / Chase Amazon Rewards $1,800 / Best Buy $1,680 / Amazon Store Card $3.6k / Shell (Citibank)$600 / Paypal Credit $7.5k (doesn't report)
Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i know what you mean. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1% or less?  Really?  How many cards are out there with 8.25% (or less) ongoing APR that I can easily apply for?  Point me in that direction and I may rethink Simmons.

Message 16 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

barclay ring and tons of CU cards but you'd have to check eligibility. the CU i work at offers 7.7% with 720 TU or higher. barclay is 8%
Message 17 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

probably easier to get too though. i am not trying to be smart with you just merely help. there is a thread on here somewhere with the lowest APR cards. some of them you may qualify for so see if you can find it Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
probably easier to get too though. i am not trying to be smart with you just merely help. there is a thread on here somewhere with the lowest APR cards. some of them you may qualify for so see if you can find it Smiley Happy

I spent 6 months scouring the internet looking for low interest cards.  Simmons and Iberia is what I found.  Everything else was between 10.99 and 22.99.  Including Barclays.  If you found something different than I did, I sure would appreciate knowing where to find it.

Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I spent 6 months scouring the internet looking for low interest cards.  Simmons and Iberia is what I found.  Everything else was between 10.99 and 22.99.  Including Barclays.  If you found something different than I did, I sure would appreciate knowing where to find it.

Barclay's Ring card is only 8% APR - It's one of my favorite cards. Here's the link:

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/?campaignId=2039&pkw=barclayring&pmt=e&cellNumber=1&referrerid=BNGPS0215BRRNG

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.