Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One credit increase denied.

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Capital One credit increase denied.

So I tried increasing the limit originally on my Mastercard and it got denied, so I upgraded my card to Quicksilverone because I was eligible for it. So now on my account it says why I was denied the increase.

Here are the reasons:

This account has not been open for at least 6 months

Length of time accounts have been established
Too many inquiries last 12 months
Length of time revolving accounts have been established
Proportion of balances to credit limits is too high on bank
revolving or other revolving accounts

I don't rack up tons and tons of charges on every card I have honestly. I'll just wait till March for the increase. I also found out my Equifax score in November was 682, probably lower now lol. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One credit increase denied.

Smiley LOL

Hope it was a soft pull.

Message 2 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Now you know OP this shouldn't be a surprise but at least you tried.

Message 3 of 20
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

At least they told me. I honestly think having a cashback card will be better than a plain old card.

Message 4 of 20
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

@Finstar, I totally agree with you-shouldn't be a surprise.  She is suppose to be gardening until March and to be honest I think that maybe to early.  I guess we shall see.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 5 of 20
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

least they give you reasons, shy of the eo i just get denied lol

Message 6 of 20
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

@FinStar, I totally agree with you-shouldn't be a surprise.  She is suppose to be gardening until March and to be honest I think that maybe to early.  I guess we shall see.  

I can't garden till March. I applied for 5 cards, 3 approvals and 2 denials.

Approved:

Chase Freedom $3,000

Discover IT $4,000

American Express Blue (which I may upgrade to Blue Cash Everyday) $500 (yes I know, but still got an AE card!!)

Denied:

Bank of America Susan G. Komen Mastercard (second denial from BOA for any of their cards)

TD Bank (been a customer for 6 years, a savings and checking account, have been trying to get a card since the age of 18 with them and always denied. They do offer visa cards as well as signature cards. I'm tired of being denied by them so I won't apply ever again or for a long time). 

Message 7 of 20
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new cards-I totally missed those post. 

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 8 of 20
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

Congrats on your new cards-I totally missed those post. 

It's okay. I'm surprised that I got 3 of the 5 (AE wasn't planned, I just applied and read about the card I applied for because there was nothing Citi was offering that interested me enough, although apart of me believes if I didn't waste breath on TD Bank and BOA, that AE would have given me a higher limit). 

Message 9 of 20
TeamPunishment
New Contributor

Try the Excutive Office?!?!

AMEX BCE 7.8K | CHASE FREEDOM 6K | CSP 5K | DISCOVER IT 5K | BOFA PRIVILEGES 5K | CITI DIVIDEND 4.5K | CAPITAL ONE QS 4K | BARCLAY ARRIVAL 3K | AMEX EVERYDAY 2.2K | AMEX BC 2K |CAPITAL ONE QS 2K

+Multiple Other Cards
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.