Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One credit limit matching

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One credit limit matching

Cap1 isn't known to match CL's of other lenders either.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Did you get your Venture yet?

OP, I don't believe they do this, or will unless your spend inordinately exceeds your combined credit limits.

Message 12 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Did you get your Venture yet?

OP, I don't believe they do this, or will unless your spend inordinately exceeds your combined credit limits.

Nope just not going to happen!  I have lived in the pain they call Cap1 for to long, least the existing ones can stay in my SD since they gave me CLI's and I will put a token 10 dollar charge every 3 to 6 months on them.  My Next card will most likely be the Ritz either mid or end of year or a CU card.  Dunno yet..  Have plenty of credit, just waiting for another juicy sign up bonus that is with a good creditor and a nice signup.. Maybe it will be the PRG 50k bonus?  PRG+ED = great combo now that restraunts are included!

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can try first through the online system in your C1 account. There's an option in there to request a CLI. It told me I wasn't eligible due to already receiving a CLI through credit steps. I asked again when I was doing the online chat to PC my Platinum and was again told my account was ineligible for another CLI at this time.

Now I'm going through the Executive Office. I'm not allowed to post the email address here, but Google it and you will find it without issue. Apparently it's a good week or so for a reply; I'm still waiting after about four days.

Did they ever get back to you?  How long was the wait?  I just emailed the EO tonight for recon.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they did! Thank you for reminding me! The wait for a call was about 2-3 days, then after I spoke to my rep I had to wait for about a week while the analysts reviewed my information. They're really nice and helpful, they have me a $1,000 credit limit increase after only a couple months of having the account. I hope it works out for you!
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they ever get back to you?  How long was the wait?  I just emailed the EO tonight for recon.

I got a call back about a week later, by a polite lady who took all of my information. I asked for a CLI to $5k, but said I would accept a partial increase. About two days later my online account said my CL was now $2,000. I got a letter in the mail about two weeks after that, confirming it.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.