Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One credit reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One credit reporting

Someone please help....My payments for Capital One are automatic monthly.  I get a call today saying that I am 40 days behind!!!!  I am never late with anyone. I immediately paid them while on the phone but the rep (who spoke broken english) didn't know what I meant when I asked for them to delete it as a one time courtesy.  Do they do this? How can I get Capital one to delete the 30days from my report?  I am cluess to why it didn't automatically pay?  I feel awful!!  Any advise?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One credit reporting

I never trust those automatic payment things.  They always pull the funds on the LAST due day its crazy.  Sorry I didnt answer your question but I suggest you manage your payments yourself.

EDIT: Try calling a backdoor number to get someone higher in the food chain. Find out what/who is to blame and work from there.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I checked my account and in frequently asked questions for my account. It says, I can't make automatic monthly payments. You had better check this out or your going to continue having this problem.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
jla84
Regular Contributor

I would double check that you have auto payments set up. Capital One makes it incredibly hard to enroll in auto payments. I had to ask a CSR to mail me a form to send/fax back to them before I could enroll. I have every intention of paying manually before the due date (lately it's been before the statement cuts so that I can control my UTL %), but I want to enroll in auto payments just in case I'm in the hospital or something else happens to me and I'm unable to get to a phone/computer to pay my bill. Basically I'm only using it as an emergency back up.

About the late reporting - I would suggest the same as flowfaster. Call the backdoor number to try to get to someone at a higher level who knows what you're talking about. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
john398
Senior Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

I never trust those automatic payment things.  They always pull the funds on the LAST due day its crazy.  Sorry I didnt answer your question but I suggest you manage your payments yourself.

EDIT: Try calling a backdoor number to get someone higher in the food chain. Find out what/who is to blame and work from there.

+100 however if paying on last day due worse would happen is late fee not 30 day late

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.