New Visitor
creditworthynky

Capital One credit reporting

Someone please help....My payments for Capital One are automatic monthly.  I get a call today saying that I am 40 days behind!!!!  I am never late with anyone. I immediately paid them while on the phone but the rep (who spoke broken english) didn't know what I meant when I asked for them to delete it as a one time courtesy.  Do they do this? How can I get Capital one to delete the 30days from my report?  I am cluess to why it didn't automatically pay?  I feel awful!!  Any advise?

Established Contributor
flowfaster

Re: Capital One credit reporting

[ Edited ]

I never trust those automatic payment things.  They always pull the funds on the LAST due day its crazy.  Sorry I didnt answer your question but I suggest you manage your payments yourself.

EDIT: Try calling a backdoor number to get someone higher in the food chain. Find out what/who is to blame and work from there.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

I checked my account and in frequently asked questions for my account. It says, I can't make automatic monthly payments. You had better check this out or your going to continue having this problem.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8000
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Regular Contributor
jla84

I would double check that you have auto payments set up. Capital One makes it incredibly hard to enroll in auto payments. I had to ask a CSR to mail me a form to send/fax back to them before I could enroll. I have every intention of paying manually before the due date (lately it's been before the statement cuts so that I can control my UTL %), but I want to enroll in auto payments just in case I'm in the hospital or something else happens to me and I'm unable to get to a phone/computer to pay my bill. Basically I'm only using it as an emergency back up.

About the late reporting - I would suggest the same as flowfaster. Call the backdoor number to try to get to someone at a higher level who knows what you're talking about. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
john398

flowfaster wrote:

I never trust those automatic payment things.  They always pull the funds on the LAST due day its crazy.  Sorry I didnt answer your question but I suggest you manage your payments yourself.

EDIT: Try calling a backdoor number to get someone higher in the food chain. Find out what/who is to blame and work from there.

+100 however if paying on last day due worse would happen is late fee not 30 day late

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+