cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One credit steps on upgraded new card?

tag
curranam

Capital One credit steps on upgraded new card?

I have a Capital One Platinium card, it started with only $300 CL but I reveived the Credit Step offer for an automatic increase to $500 after 5 or 6 statements.  I received my increase last month the CLI was $1500. I was shocked.  

I called them to ask where my rewards were when I looked online. I thought all their cards offered rewards.  I guess I picked a card that didn't have them. They checked my record and upgraded my card to a Quick Silver card with 1 1/2% on all purchases. I will get my new card in the next week. 

Will I get another Credit Step offer on my new card? and a possible increase in 6 months like the last one? or is the Credit Step for 1st time cards only? 

I am new to this site I hope I posted right. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One credit steps on upgraded new card?

Once in credit steps always in credit steps with that account, you may get another CLI automatically or you can request one 6 months from the last CLI you obtained.

Message 2 of 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One credit steps on upgraded new card?

Congrats on CLI and product change! You can ask for CLI as stated after 6 months. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.