cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One denial letter-worth a recon?

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Capital One denial letter-worth a recon?

Just got my denial letter from CapOne after apping for VentureOne Gold card. "The reason(s) for our decision are: -based on credit report from Equifax for (me) new account balance(s) are too low -based on credit report from Trans Union for (me) applicant is not a home owner -based on credit report from Equifax for (me) credit limit(s) are too low -based on credit report for Experian for (me) there have been too many recent inquiries. Information about your credit score: Experian 4/16/12 744. Key factors that adversely affected your credit score: -time since most recent account opening is too short -length of time accounts have bee established is too short -too many inquiries in last 12 months -proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high" So basically I disagree with everything except the inquiries. I've had 3 CC's since 2008 and have only opened 4 additional but they have been within the last month. Anyone think that I may have a chance with a recon? I had to burn the inq on 2 reports (didn't show all 3 fo some reason...) and not be approved. For what it's worth my CL's are in my sig and I don't know how they think that my limits are too low....my fiancée has the same card with $3,000 limit and is younger than I am and has less AAoA! Thanks for the help ;-)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One denial letter-worth a recon?

Not a bank I would waste 3 HP to get with when you have cards from Amex,Citi, etc.

As a Prime Borrower unless you need the free international processing I would not get them... the rewards are not that great unless getting the new business cash that is 2% all time.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.