Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One denial question

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One denial question

the walmart score IS real. It is the TU08 version of the transunion FICO score. 

Message 11 of 30
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Classic Platinum is actually more difficult to get, since it gives 9 months 0% intro APR. Since you are rebuilding, you should apply standard 24.9% APR card from Capital One.

Message 12 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I wouldn't get the classic platinum anyways since it had a ridiculous AF Smiley Tongue 

Message 13 of 30
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I thought maybe I chose the wrong card to apply for....oh well, I'm happy with the outcome....I never would have tried for discover if capital one would have approved me and I've wanted discover a long time
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 14 of 30
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

The rebuilding cards are like the secured mastercard and the MTV Visa Reward by cap one...I've never heard of anyone getting a higher CL on that card than $800 though. CapOne is evil tho. I've been a customer for 3 years and never paid any interest on my card as I've always paid it in full. They've never given me another CL increase or anything. I applied for another card in their network to obtain a larger limit and they denied me. Reason still unknown.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 30
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

The rebuilding cards are like the secured mastercard and the MTV Visa Reward by cap one...I've never heard of anyone getting a higher CL on that card than $800 though. CapOne is evil tho. I've been a customer for 3 years and never paid any interest on my card as I've always paid it in full. They've never given me another CL increase or anything. I applied for another card in their network to obtain a larger limit and they denied me. Reason still unknown.

What card did you apply for? I would think they only offer higher limits on their "excellent" credit required cards.

Message 16 of 30
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

What card did you apply for? I would think they only offer higher limits on their "excellent" credit required cards.

I already had the MTV Visa card with them at $500 then later increased to $750 CL (my first card)). I requested a CLI after 2 years with them and they denied me due to them not accepting customer iniciated CLI requests. I applied for classic platinum card and was immediately denied. They never really stated their reason (not enough revolving credit, I believe) which is stupid considering I had the first CapOne card with them. Their "platinum" card's highest limit I heard was $3,000.That's low for a platinum card.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 17 of 30
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Platinum is meaningless here in US, since most card issuer these days issue you "Platinum" Visa/MC.

Capital One gives high CL on its excellent credit lineup, but those are very difficult to get approved.

Message 18 of 30
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Platinum is meaningless here in US, since most card issuer these days issue you "Platinum" Visa/MC.

Capital One gives high CL on its excellent credit lineup, but those are very difficult to get approved.

+1

The highest CL you can get on an average card (initially at least) is $3000, most people start out at the $500-$750 range, and a few lucky people get random CLs to like $5k+ 

Their excellent cards start at like $5,000 and go up to I think $30-35,000

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

+1

The highest CL you can get on an average card (initially at least) is $3000, most people start out at the $500-$750 range, and a few lucky people get random CLs to like $5k+ 

Their excellent cards start at like $5,000 and go up to I think $30-35,000

Their excellent cards actually have a minimum CL of $3,000 (I have one) and if I remember right their average cards have a minimum CL of $300. 

EDIT - the 3k minimum is for the Green Cash Rewards and Regular Venture (both no AF) -- The Venture with the AF is a minimum 5k limit -- The Orbitz for excellent credit is min. 3k and the platinum prestige for excellent credit is min. $500

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.