Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,757
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One denial question

the walmart score IS real. It is the TU08 version of the transunion FICO score. 

;
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,505
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0

Re: Capital One denial question

Classic Platinum is actually more difficult to get, since it gives 9 months 0% intro APR. Since you are rebuilding, you should apply standard 24.9% APR card from Capital One.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,757
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One denial question

I wouldn't get the classic platinum anyways since it had a ridiculous AF Smiley Tongue 

;
Established Contributor
Posts: 985
Registered: ‎09-10-2012
0

Re: Capital One denial question

I thought maybe I chose the wrong card to apply for....oh well, I'm happy with the outcome....I never would have tried for discover if capital one would have approved me and I've wanted discover a long time
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Capital One denial question

The rebuilding cards are like the secured mastercard and the MTV Visa Reward by cap one...I've never heard of anyone getting a higher CL on that card than $800 though. CapOne is evil tho. I've been a customer for 3 years and never paid any interest on my card as I've always paid it in full. They've never given me another CL increase or anything. I applied for another card in their network to obtain a larger limit and they denied me. Reason still unknown.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Regular Contributor
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎08-04-2012
0

Re: Capital One denial question


maiden_girl wrote:

The rebuilding cards are like the secured mastercard and the MTV Visa Reward by cap one...I've never heard of anyone getting a higher CL on that card than $800 though. CapOne is evil tho. I've been a customer for 3 years and never paid any interest on my card as I've always paid it in full. They've never given me another CL increase or anything. I applied for another card in their network to obtain a larger limit and they denied me. Reason still unknown.


What card did you apply for? I would think they only offer higher limits on their "excellent" credit required cards.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Capital One denial question


asteroidblues86 wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

The rebuilding cards are like the secured mastercard and the MTV Visa Reward by cap one...I've never heard of anyone getting a higher CL on that card than $800 though. CapOne is evil tho. I've been a customer for 3 years and never paid any interest on my card as I've always paid it in full. They've never given me another CL increase or anything. I applied for another card in their network to obtain a larger limit and they denied me. Reason still unknown.


What card did you apply for? I would think they only offer higher limits on their "excellent" credit required cards.


I already had the MTV Visa card with them at $500 then later increased to $750 CL (my first card)). I requested a CLI after 2 years with them and they denied me due to them not accepting customer iniciated CLI requests. I applied for classic platinum card and was immediately denied. They never really stated their reason (not enough revolving credit, I believe) which is stupid considering I had the first CapOne card with them. Their "platinum" card's highest limit I heard was $3,000.That's low for a platinum card.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,505
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0

Re: Capital One denial question

Platinum is meaningless here in US, since most card issuer these days issue you "Platinum" Visa/MC.

 

Capital One gives high CL on its excellent credit lineup, but those are very difficult to get approved.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,757
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Capital One denial question


trumpet-205 wrote:

Platinum is meaningless here in US, since most card issuer these days issue you "Platinum" Visa/MC.

 

Capital One gives high CL on its excellent credit lineup, but those are very difficult to get approved.


+1

 

The highest CL you can get on an average card (initially at least) is $3000, most people start out at the $500-$750 range, and a few lucky people get random CLs to like $5k+ 

 

Their excellent cards start at like $5,000 and go up to I think $30-35,000

;
Regular Contributor
Posts: 129
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: Capital One denial question

[ Edited ]

jsucool76 wrote:

trumpet-205 wrote:

Platinum is meaningless here in US, since most card issuer these days issue you "Platinum" Visa/MC.

 

Capital One gives high CL on its excellent credit lineup, but those are very difficult to get approved.


+1

 

The highest CL you can get on an average card (initially at least) is $3000, most people start out at the $500-$750 range, and a few lucky people get random CLs to like $5k+ 

 

Their excellent cards start at like $5,000 and go up to I think $30-35,000


 

Their excellent cards actually have a minimum CL of $3,000 (I have one) and if I remember right their average cards have a minimum CL of $300. 

 

EDIT - the 3k minimum is for the Green Cash Rewards and Regular Venture (both no AF) -- The Venture with the AF is a minimum 5k limit -- The Orbitz for excellent credit is min. 3k and the platinum prestige for excellent credit is min. $500

In My Wallet: Amazon (5/2011) $2200 -- CareCredit (9/11) $4200 -- Capital One Green Cash Rewards (01/12) $3000 -- Citi Forward (1/12) $2500 -- Walmart Store Card (1/12) $1100 -- Maurices (8/12) $200

Starting Score: EX 567 9/13/2010
Current Score: EX(FAKO) 639 EQ(FAKO) 628 TU(FAKO) 662 11/13/2012
Goal Score: 750
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.