Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One does it again

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Capital One does it again

I left CapOne last year because of their fees and lack of CLI's but went back and got a platinum and Quicksilver both with no annual fees with CL's of 3K each.  Yestereday was my 6th statement so I combined the limits and lo and behold that slapped a $39 annual fee on me.  This happen to anybody else when you combined limits

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One does it again

If you had both cards with no AF as per the Terms and Conditions of the cards, an account combination won't add any fees. Get in touch with their customer service for a reversal of the fees. Possibly it's a glitch.

Message 2 of 7
degs138
Established Contributor

Seems weird, they will probably reverse it.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 3 of 7
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Just got off Chat with them......weird, they first said I had originally had an AF which was not true but then came back and said I was eligible for upgrade to a no AF QS which is what I have in the first place and that they were going to "upgrade" the acct and send me a new card with the same account number.  I think they were just trying to slip one in. 

Message 4 of 7
jeffery581
Established Contributor

The computer does it. Probly just a bug.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's very odd that it would do that
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

make sure they refund you the AF

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.