cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One doesn't report every month

tag
TCKan

Capital One doesn't report every month

I'm finding that my Capital One card doesn't always report my balance each month. For instance, new statement was July 24th and they still haven't updated my credit report. It is a $300 card and in June had a balance of $165. For July it was $95, but it is still showing the $165. I'm buying a home, so don't want to have any open disputes at the moment. What can I do to make them report my balance every month?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Poozie121
Contributor

Re: Capital One doesn't report every month

I think I read somewhere that if you update your address, they will auto update your CR's.  @Lexie09, I think it was your post I read.....

Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 2 of 27
john398
Senior Contributor

There was a big issue where it was not updating end of July, I finally was able to get my updated by contacting EO Smiley Happy

Here is the thread I started

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/capital-one-updates-to-CRA/td-p/2330589

Message 3 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Poozie121

That's true for GE, BoA and a few others. I haven't personally tried the address update with Cap 1.

I believe July was delayed to their transition with HSBC
Message 4 of 27
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

my balance hasn't been updated since June 22 which sucks because its reporting an $872 balance when I have it down to around $100 now. I called Cap1 and they said they only report every 30-60 days. 

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 5 of 27
john398
Senior Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

my balance hasn't been updated since June 22 which sucks because its reporting an $872 balance when I have it down to around $100 now. I called Cap1 and they said they only report every 30-60 days. 

Thats not really true what they told you, it should update 2-4 days after statement cuts

Message 6 of 27
GrwnLdy

They also don't automatically report credt line increases.  I got an increase and it just shows that I used more of my available credit & didnt have any additional credit granted.  Lovely Capital One. Just lovely.

Message 7 of 27
jaicam5
Valued Member

They report every month its just for the month of July there was a delay. On one card it somehow reported this month with July balance. Hopefully everything will be back to normal this month.
Message 8 of 27
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

{Thats not really true what they told you, it should update 2-4 days after statement cuts}

still waiting........ SIGH

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 9 of 27
jaicam5
Valued Member

Misscredit what is the last day of your billing cycle? If it was reported June 22nd then it looks like your last date is 18th of every month. CO does report monthly just a hiccup for everyone in July. Its possible your report may not change again until after your billing cycle this month.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.