Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One gave me my card back!! UN-RESTRICTED

tag
andersk08
New Contributor

Capital One gave me my card back!! UN-RESTRICTED

Long story short, I fell way behind on my Capital One Platinum card. Im currently 120+ days past due and $500 OVER limit. I talked to a rep tonight, via the online chat option, to set up a payment arrangement to bring my account current. Ive known for months that my account was restricted but I wanted to bring it current for credit score reasons. After we set up the payment arrangement he said " I see this account has an unrestriction offer and if you make the 3 payments we just set up we will be able to unrestrict your card and youll be able to use it again". I was shocked considering I called them 3-4 months ago and asked them to unrestrict it and they told me that once its restricted it will never be able to be used again...Ever. Anyway, anyone with a restricted unsecured card with Capital One, theres still a chance youll be able to use it again. They told me the regularly review accounts to see which ones they can offer the unrestriction to although they did not tell me the criteria. 

Starting Scores: ( 9-9-14 )
Equifax FICO - 507 TransUnion FICO - 580 Experian FICO - 535
Current Scores: (10-08-14)
Equifax FICO - 552 TransUnion FICO - 639 Experian FICO - 609
ALL pulled from MyFico 3 Bureau Monitoring
Goal Score - 650 Across the board ( For Starters )
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One gave me my card back!! UN-RESTRICTED

Moved to Credit Cards forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.