cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One-hard pull with luv button???

tag
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One-hard pull with luv button???

@UncleB wrote:

@Creditdreamer wrote:

I have been pressing the luv button on my secured card (opened in 2012) and on my unsecured platinum (opened 10/13/15) every couple of weeks since I opened the platinum (I've done it twice since I opened the platinum). And I last did it on November 15th. I checked my Equifax and it showed an updated hard pull from capital one on 11/16 (the day I got the letters saying my account is too new and that they don't give unsecured increases on the secured card). Has anyone heard of this happening? I thought the benefit of the luv button was that there was no risk because it was always a soft pull? The hard pull only showed up on my equifax, not on my transunion which I also checked. And I didn't check experian so I'm not sure if it showed up on there. I'm a bit frustrated because I was just pressing it for fun, knowing I wouldn't really get approved yet but hoping there was a chance to have it go through early.

This is concerning... you're not the first person to report this.  On the other thread, the person has a co-branded card, and there's speculation that's what drove the HP in that case.  However, in your case the cards aren't co-branded, so that theory doens't hold.

Here's the other thread if you want to chime-in over there as well:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-and-Hard-pulls-for-CLI/td-p/4338266

Edit:  Nevermind.  I just read the other posts on the thread.

I actually saw that thread and that's what reminded me I had apped for the GM Buypower card.

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditdreamer wrote:

I have been pressing the luv button on my secured card (opened in 2012) and on my unsecured platinum (opened 10/13/15) every couple of weeks since I opened the platinum (I've done it twice since I opened the platinum). And I last did it on November 15th. I checked my Equifax and it showed an updated hard pull from capital one on 11/16 (the day I got the letters saying my account is too new and that they don't give unsecured increases on the secured card). Has anyone heard of this happening? I thought the benefit of the luv button was that there was no risk because it was always a soft pull? The hard pull only showed up on my equifax, not on my transunion which I also checked. And I didn't check experian so I'm not sure if it showed up on there. I'm a bit frustrated because I was just pressing it for fun, knowing I wouldn't really get approved yet but hoping there was a chance to have it go through early.

Per my know-how, Capital One always goes for a hard pull after every 6 months on CLIs.

Message 12 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditdreamer wrote:

Per my know-how, Capital One always goes for a hard pull after every 6 months on CLIs.

It must be YMMV... they've only done a HP on me during my initial applications. 

Everything else has always been a SP, even if I tried to use 'the button' too early.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

the 6 month CLI is 98% of the time SP. probably even more but i don't wanna say what i haven't experienced.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditdreamer wrote:

This is not correct.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.