Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is a JOKE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One is a JOKE

No one is "bashing" your scores.  They are what they are.  You shared the circustances for the reason they are so low.  But the algorithm doesn't take circustances into account.  That's just the way it works, and we all have to deal with that reality.

Message 21 of 40
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well being as though my other cards are less than 3 months old and the Capone is over 1 year old. NO lates and ALWAYS paid in full. I definitely expected more.

I have read many reports and from personal experience, first cards (building or rebuilding) are harder to increase than getting new cards with better SL.

With Cap1 I have seen several reports that after increasing score and some history, they can approve a second card with much larger limit than increase the card that you have. I'm not saying go app for Venture yet, but if you keep using the card you could get a better Cap1 SL down the road.

People with credit like yours could label other banks as joke too, and those banks need HP for CLI, I have read people that wasted an HP trying to increase the limit on a card with X bank that they PIF every month but the bank put them as a risk borrower.

As long as the card works for you and have SP CLI, keep using it and keep trying. That card will not grow much. If you stay in the garden for a year I'm sure you could get a better SL Cap1 or many other cards. Good luck.

Message 22 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I graduated my secure cards to unsecured the credit union one gave $3,500 SL and Cap 1 only gave me $500, so you should be grateful just to get that but that's just my opinion Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 40
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OK OK....Everyone, lets all just calm down on the OP. So, he/she is mad that they didn't get a more desirable CLI....can you blame them? We ALL have been there at one point or another.

Next....I see a lot of you quoting his low scores and BK. True, the scores may play a little into it, and the limits he/she currently has, but the BK isn't gonna be too much of a factor here, unless they are maxed out on all their cards.

Lets not forget that when I was 20 months post BK, I already had $200k in credit, so its not that hard!

OP...I understand your frustration, Ive been there, and had the same rant threads a few years ago as well, but....I wouldnt SD the card because you only got $200 cli. Just continue to use the card, and eventually you'll get there.

The rebuilder cards from cap1 are harder to move along, my suggestion is to PC that to the QS1, and your CL will start to climb higher once you're away from the Plat rebuilder. After I had my plat for a year, things starting happening fast for me with them.....eventually got 4 more cards, 2 QS and 2 Ventures, and eventually was able to combine all the cards into the nice limit I have now.

Lets talk about your scores too some. They should be much higher as 660-680 right now. Do you have any installment loans reporting? You have 3 CC's right? Id PIF monthly all but ONE card, and let that one card report a small balance....for a total of 1% reporting. That will optimize your scores. If you PM me, we can go over this a lot more, and see if we can't get you on track better. Keep your head up!! Smiley Wink
Message 24 of 40
washpadude
Regular Contributor

Cap One doesn't always make sense. At 8 months post ch 7 discharge they financed a 20k car loan at 4%. Two weeks later quicksilver visa siggy 5k. Two months later visa siggy venture 15k. 3k cli on each after three statements. All on at the time a 35k income. With stories like mine, it's no wonder the op expected more.

I'm now 18 months post discharge and have over 80k in unsecured revolving credit. Some of you seem to have dated notions of credit after chapter 7.
BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
OK OK....Everyone, lets all just calm down on the OP. So, he/she is mad that they didn't get a more desirable CLI....can you blame them? We ALL have been there at one point or another.

Next....I see a lot of you quoting his low scores and BK. True, the scores may play a little into it, and the limits he/she currently has, but the BK isn't gonna be too much of a factor here, unless they are maxed out on all their cards.

Lets not forget that when I was 20 months post BK, I already had $200k in credit, so its not that hard!

OP...I understand your frustration, Ive been there, and had the same rant threads a few years ago as well, but....I wouldnt SD the card because you only got $200 cli. Just continue to use the card, and eventually you'll get there.

The rebuilder cards from cap1 are harder to move along, my suggestion is to PC that to the QS1, and your CL will start to climb higher once you're away from the Plat rebuilder. After I had my plat for a year, things starting happening fast for me with them.....eventually got 4 more cards, 2 QS and 2 Ventures, and eventually was able to combine all the cards into the nice limit I have now.

Lets talk about your scores too some. They should be much higher as 660-680 right now. Do you have any installment loans reporting? You have 3 CC's right? Id PIF monthly all but ONE card, and let that one card report a small balance....for a total of 1% reporting. That will optimize your scores. If you PM me, we can go over this a lot more, and see if we can't get you on track better. Keep your head up!! Smiley Wink

Great well thought out response.

Message 26 of 40
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@washpadude wrote:
Cap One doesn't always make sense. At 8 months post ch 7 discharge they financed a 20k car loan at 4%. Two weeks later quicksilver visa siggy 5k. Two months later visa siggy venture 15k. 3k cli on each after three statements. All on at the time a 35k income. With stories like mine, it's no wonder the op expected more.

I'm now 18 months post discharge and have over 80k in unsecured revolving credit. Some of you seem to have dated notions of credit after chapter 7.

Sure some things change over time but, the consensus of post BK is that your scores plumet and you're not in a position to take on debt even if you wanted to hence the BK in the first place.  Everyones situation is different though.  From your post in particular though it's seems odd that Cap1 would extend so much credit in comparison to your income. I guess they're playing fast and loose again like they did before 2008.  DTI though taking into consideration with Chase for example you would get cut off around 10-12K in CL's with them.  Of course you'd also get an auto decline for the BK and have to recon to get something open.  There just seems to be a sense of entitlement around here for those that try to follow others foot steps and expecting the same result.  It's kind of like the disclaimer on most investment sites....

Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value

Message 27 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@washpadude wrote:

You're right washpadude, Cap One doesn't always make sense.  But I'd guess that your experience is not typical, and that you didn't have a recent 90 day delinquency on your reports when all those nice things happened for you.

Message 28 of 40
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

The rebuilder cards from cap1 are harder to move along, my suggestion is to PC that to the QS1, and your CL will start to climb higher once you're away from the Plat rebuilder.

you know you are right - I was plat for a year, then qs1, and wmc and it was bang bang bang with the cli's.  congrats on your progress, outstanding!

Message 29 of 40
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sure. Thanks for atrempting to gather info rather than throwing 2 cents of nothing into the convo... I had to leave a state abruptly, causing me to have 3 lates on an auto loan Jan,Feb, Mar 2015. The 600 score is due to Equifax failing to show my 3 revolving accounts. Ive since filed a complaint with FTC.

OP...I just saw this post of yours as well, and Im not gonna sugar coat this ok...

Any negatives AFTER a DC BK...is BAD BAD BAD!!!  Its like in the movie Animal House, when Dean Wermer tells the out of control frat that they have been on "double secret probation"., and now "they are finished!!! Out!!!"... LOL...Its bad.  Consider yourself on Double secret probabtion until your BK falls off...  (just trying to lighten the mood here)..but in all seriousness....

That right there is your problem....lates after a BK is terrible, and I can understand the circumstances that led to that as well.  Get those lates removed, try with the Saturation Technique GW letters if you have too, and your revolving cards reporting ASAP, and your life will change in the credit game...I promise! 

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.